icon

1999 Cavalier Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
The wires are light blue for lock and white for unlock. They can be found in the taped harness that runs from the driver's kick panel to the back of the car along the sill plate. If the car has factory keyless entry then the door lock system is a positive pulse circuit. If it does not have factory keyless entry then wire the door locks as polarity reversal. The passenger door switch will send 12 volts to the wires when testing.
sparky
tbird2340 
Copper - Posts: 363
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
So they will only test 12v when using the passenger door switch??
Got another question..
No clue what I did… I was testing the brake wire and it was reading 12v so I was like “what the heck?!” I look back and the brake lights are on!! I start the car, pump the brake a couple times and then shut the car off. The brake lights are still on. I unplugged the battery for about 20 minutes and reattached brake lights still on…
Any ideas?
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
Found the door lock wires. Thanks..
Now I'm just stumped on why the brake lights won't go off..
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
I'm doing a remote starter. No clue what I did… I was testing the brake wire and it was reading 12v so I was like “what the heck?!” I look back and the brake lights are on!! I start the car, pump the brake a couple times and then shut the car off. The brake lights are still on. I unplugged the battery for about 20 minutes and reattached brake lights still on…
Any ideas? Thank you.
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
Have you physically checked the brake switch to confirm it is opening when the brake pedal is not pressed?
1999 Cavalier Remote Start - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
Ok. Figured it out.. The piece wasn't touching the brake sensor thing..
I'm done. Everything works but I do have one LAST question..
When I do a remote start the left turn signal light on the dash comes on solid.. I think this is because the vehicle has some burnt out bulbs.. It doesn't come on during a normal start though..
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic