the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

spray poly

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
adix5689 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
I bought some spray poly from select products. I have used regular bondo, rage gold etc.  I was wondering if any body has used it. I need to know what to use to clean my spray gun after I am done using the spray poly. 
xplizt 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 1:20 AM / IP Logged  
I've used the stuff and it works GREAT! Builds really nice and gives you alot to work with, Once you spray the stuff you will probably spay about 4 good coats to get real good results.. After you spray it,, there will still be alot of bumps and dips... but after you block it out... your project should be ready for one more light coat and paint. I use acitone to clean my gun.. make sure you clean it right after, becuase that stuff can harden in your gun since it uses MEKP.
adix5689 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
You use spray poly like a body filler. Its alot easier to use than bondo or rage gold. When you spray the poly it goes on in a nice even coat.  Spray poly is good to use on a project that you plan on painting.
xplizt 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
Actually.. depending on the type of project your working on.. you will still use some type of body filler to speed up your process. ie. if it has more curves/more body work, or if it has a smoother design. But only on some parts of your job. The filler does work miracles.. literally! But.. it cannot fill large defects or craters. The stretch material you can get from Select Products is a life saver too. Its kinda like a fleece material but it's a 4-way stretch. Your resin absorbs very nicely into it and all you do is quickly knock it down with a D.A. and some 36 Grit then spread some putty in your low spots, then get it ready to shoot their build primer. If your still using that spandex type stuff.. you HAVE to try this stuff. You dont ever even need to use matting unless you have a flat surface bigger than 12"X12" that has no support from behind. In that case.. you just slap a slab of matting in from behind. This saves you time, money, and that horrible itch you get from fiberglass mat.
xplizt 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
adix5689 wrote:
Spray poly is good to use on a project that you plan on painting.
this is very correct... if you do not plan on painting your project.. you might not need this primer. If your using Select Products stretch material.. you might be able to get away with just sanding down the rough spots and a little touch up filler.
xplizt 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
adix5689 wrote:
Spray poly is good to use on a project that you plan on painting.
this is very correct... if you do not plan on painting your project.. you might not need this primer. If your using Select Products stretch material.. you might be able to get away with just sanding down the rough spots and a little touch up filler.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic