icon

Eclipse Titanium/Alpine Type X/MTX 9500

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
Anyone know how these subs are. They are rated at 750-1000RMS. I am assuming they are all REAL RMS, not liek the cheap 50 buck 5000watt subs. Also, Sq or SPL subs? i just recently saw some of all of these and thought they looked pretty nice. I was just wondering. Anyone Own any or know whats the best of them. I Am going to run one 12" sub with a 600RMS amp. The Phoenix gold one, so matching ohms doesnt matter. Also Building a 1.5sq ft sealed box now, so i need a good quality sub that will hit all the correct notes, but also bump a little when I need it to. Thanks alot.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  
In my opinion the Elcipse is gonna be the best outta the 3 for a combination of both SQ and SPL. I personally like the MTX and am in the process of completing my set up with one right now. The Type X doesnt hold up well against the other two, and most people that sell it will tell you the same if they have another option avalible
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
kirktcashalini 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged  
awesome, I was thinking about a eclipse titanium, getting one off one of the ebay companys for about 300+ shipping, sounds like a good deal, i just wanted to know how the mtx 9500 was also. thanks raven.
Anyone else have advice/info?
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
Aruman 
Silver - Posts: 363
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
the mtx 9500 is a very great sub. i've tried one 12" in ported box and two 10" in sealed box and both are awesome, curently i'm running 2 10" 9500 in a sealed box and it hit pretty hard, i never tried eclipse but i guess it's pretty good too, but for the mtx they are very cool.
ophidia31 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
::cough:: eclipse ::cough:: i pretty much swear by them. :)
kirktcashalini 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  
haha oph
Eclipse CD5441 Head unit | Eclipse PA5422 4 Channel | Eclipse DA7122 1 Channel | Eclipse 88120TiDVC 12"
YEAH YOU DO!!   hehe thanks alot for the input guys. type X is out, either the eclipse or 9500 are my final 2 options, uinles anyone has another idea for me.
greg_jobes 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
You might look into the Resonant Engineering XXX, supposed to be a real nice sub. I just ordered a RE SE 12" which should be here soon, to cheap to buy a XXX.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  
Ravendarat wrote:
In my opinion the Elcipse is gonna be the best outta the 3 for a combination of both SQ and SPL. I personally like the MTX and am in the process of completing my set up with one right now. The Type X doesnt hold up well against the other two, and most people that sell it will tell you the same if they have another option avalible
True dat, but 600 watts is NOT enough for that woofer in a sealed box. You need to give it more power than that for output in sealed alignments. Vented? Probably plenty, but speaking from experience, you need more the other way around. I personally run 1900 (to 2700, depending on the spec sheet you use for the DA-7232 amp, this year or last year. Whatever you use, it's a BUNCH of power...) watts to mine in 1 cube sealed...
The Eclipse will do both SPL and SQ, very well, I might add, but it NEEDS and WANTS more power to be perform as an output woofer, but nothing better for SQ bass IMHO.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic