icon

04 Explorer RS Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kohara73 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
Forget screwing with the bypass.  If the theft light only comes on momentarily then goes out, it is acting as normal, like you say.  Only when theft is flashing, would that be a bypass problem.  Try this...unhook the bypass completely, try the RS with key in ignition...chances are it will act the same way it does now.  I still think it's a bad connection somewhere.
Keith
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
The problemm is not your bypass module,the car will still crank even if the module is screwed up,You should check your hoodpin connection to make sure it's not getting a ground,make sure the hoodpin moves freely,and check your brake wire,if it sees positive voltage the car won't crank.
kohara73 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  

prdjr165 wrote:
The problemm is not your bypass module,the car will still crank even if the module is screwed up,You should check your hoodpin connection to make sure it's not getting a ground,make sure the hoodpin moves freely,and check your brake wire,if it sees positive voltage the car won't crank.

The comment about the brake reminded me of a 2002 Winstar with a sticky brake pedal.  The owner had to actually put her foot under the pedal and pull it up or else her brake lights would never turn off.

Keith
accord78 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  
try to check your hood switch some times it makes good contact and some times it does check your conection and switch. this happen to me on my moms camry and it did everything u just said and it was my hood pin switch try that also check your break switch whyle your at it
wiretapper 
Copper - Posts: 166
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  

thepencil wrote:
cwagner17 wrote:
the instrument cluster comes on as if you would turn the key to the on position and it doesn't even try to crank. The theft light comes on then goes off as normal. acts just like if the key was being used.
Your problem is right here! The PATS is not being bypass when you are doing the remote start. Get the bypass working first before proceeding any further. Other wise you are wasting your time. If the vehicle is able to crank than the bypass is successful. Once it's cranking, now you can look else where to see if any other connection you may have miss or done incorrectly.       

This is incorrect!

A non-programmed PATS will crank, start, then shut right down! If the theft light comes on and goes out, the bypass is programmed fine. Your problem is the tach signal.

Re-learn the tach signal. But make sure you have the correct wire! If I had to guess without seeing it, you have the wrong tach wire. Verify the AC voltage rises when when you increase RPM's by using a digital voltmeter.  Also, use the same meter to monitor the tach line by turning on the ignition and watching the meter. The voltage should rise when the ign is first turned on, then immediately fall to 0. It should THEN rise after the vehicle starts. Set the meter to anything above 10v aC.

chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
You stated that it will not start with the key in the ignition, does it act the same as when you try to start it and it wont crank? If so then its a bypass issue the reason it wont start with the key in ignition is its reading 2 keys at the same time. I believe that on some fords the theft system will not let them crank no 100% sure of that. If it tries to crank when you have a key in ignition and just wont run then the problem is the tach .you need to change the setting to tach and use an uncommon fuel injector wire.
cwagner17 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, i'm currently using voltage sense but will switch over to tach. where is the best place to pick it up on this vehicle?
I will probably get to it tomorrow and will report back my results. thanks to everyone for their input
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  

Use one of the uncommon fuel injector wires.At each injector there are 2 wires 1 will be the same color at all injectors the other will be differant for each injector thats the one you want.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic