icon

horn honk output on 561r

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Firstnbass 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
I need to get the horn to honk for lock, i diode iscolated the wires and ran thru relay, now the horn sounds for to long time and to loud, what can i do to reduce voltage or time???? Resistors did not work, and the horn is to loud.thanks
*ALwaYs KnoW YoUr SaLEsmAN!!*
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
So what are you trying to do? Are you trying to reduce the sound from the horn with a resistor?
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
Firstnbass 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, I tapped into the - lock and - unlock wire outputs from the 561r, before the connection to the vehicle, i then send both lines thru a 1 amp diode to the relay as 85 or as ground for coil, I then sent 87 to ground as input and 30 as output to alarm, term 86 has constant 12v input, there fore charging the coil each time the lock/unlock wires are activated, I have found that the horn sounds long, about 8/10's of a sec, where the factory chirp is about 1/10 and recieves less than the full 12v, due to its short time of chargeing,
So... I am now going to place a 200mf polorized cap parallel with a 2k resistor inline of the out put to the horn, this should give me a 4/10 of sec honk, BUT this car uses -neg for the horn, im a little worried about useing this configuration in th neg wire since its not really going to "charge" the cap at all, right?
Well this install is to take place on Friday this week, so I hope to get this figured out before then, thanks guys/girls, Yes I am trying to shorten the blast of the horn during the locking fuction, quiter, and shorter. Im fireing the relay with the green and blue lock/ unlock wires from the alarm.
Firstnbass 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
sorry last post said "to alarm" when i actually meant "to Horns neg wire"
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
The 561R has a .4 setting for lock outputs already. Go into your settings and change it from the factory setting of .8 of a second to .4. Hopefully it will still control locks and cut the horn in half.  Also, i'm not so sure you even need the relays, you may be able to diode the locks from the horn. The horn wire is only a trigger for the factory horn relay to begin with.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Firstnbass 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2005 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
Im going to give this a shot, mike m2, it sounds like a good idea, this car is a 2005 Nissan Armada, and this all began cause he cant tell when the doors actually lock. anybody eles, got more ideas to try? im looking for a few suggestions, so if it does not work i can give it another shot.
I used relay cause i like em. and to be sure to give a good ground? I should try without relay huh?, I will thanks alot.
gh057 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2005 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  

Can't they watch the parklight flash???

1=Lock 2=Unlock

Firstnbass 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
Well I guess they dont want to have to look at it, they'd rather hear it, along with some of the good advise I have gotten, DEI Tech team tells me i can use a 528T to shorten the legnth of the blast, so im going to go ahead and do this, i'll post a follow up, ty all

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic