icon

2002 sebring, pro-start ct-3300

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Falcon 1 
Copper - Posts: 130
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a pro-start ct-3300 in a 2002 sebring sedan V6 and sometimes it starts remotely with no problem and stays running. Then occasionally if I try to remote start it only gives a short crank and fails to start. I have tried resetting tach programming and still have the same problem intermittantly. The tach wire is connected to a coil wire that is not GREEN/ light green as stated on this site. On the vehicle wiring from this site it shows two accessory wires BLACK/ orange and BLACK/ white. I only powered the BLACK/ orange as this enabled the blower to operate. I did not power the BLACK/ white and I am wondering if that could be the problem or does someone have any other input which may help. Thank-you.
Do it right the first time, only a doctor can bury his mistakes.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
The BLACK/ white does need to be powered up as an accessory. Make sure that your ground is into a clean and paint free spot on the vehicle chassis and not the dash structure. Make sure that you have programmed the tach into the remote starter as the instructions indicate. Check all connections to make sure that they are tight and solder them if possible to insure they are good.
sparky
Falcon 1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply sparkie.  All connections are already soldered. I have tried programming the tach as the instructions indicate. The ground was on the metal part of the dash but I will move it and see if it helps and I will also power the BLACK/ white wire. Any idea what that wire is for? I just won't be able to make changes for a couple of days because of the holidays but I will post results.

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
You may want to try an injector wire instead. I see some Avox alarms that have trouble learning from a single Chrysler coil, but work fine on an injector....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with Mike M2. If you change the ground, you must reprogram the tach setting. If it still fails, then you may indeed want to try an injector wire. Make very sure that there is no chance that this wire can short to ground as serious engine damage will occur.
sparky
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  

This is how I wire....works everytime:

Constant 12 voltsPINK/BLACK, RED / WHITE& RED * IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition 12 voltsD BLUEIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
StarterYELLOWIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

* Caution..... When Hooking To Power Wire Due To Fuse Rating On Wires. PINK/BLACK Fused At 40A, RED / WHITE Fused At 10A, and RED Fused At 20A.

Ignition #2GREEN/ REDIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS (TRANS.)
Ignition #3BLACK/ ORANGEIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS (HVAC)
AccessoryBLACK/ WHITEIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS (RADIO/WIPER)

Tach SignalBLACK/ GRAYAT DISTRIBUTOR (6 CYLINDER) *

* Distributor Is Located On Driver Rear Of Engine. 4 Cylinder Engine Tach Wire Is BLACK/ GRAY Or D BLUE/GREEN At Coil Pack On Top Of Valve Cover. Tach Signals On Each Can Also Be Found At Powertrain Control Module

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
Falcon 1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  

Ok thanks for the other reply's I will try another tach source and better ground. This one has been a little annoying because it only fails to start occasionally and its on my wife's car which I leave outside of the garage because of my other project that I would like to start.

2002 sebring, pro-start ct-3300 - Last Post -- posted image.

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
Wouldn't mind finding a 1975 124 Sport Coupe someday
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
Falcon 1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2005 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
I have changed the ground wire, moved the tach to an injector still have the intermittent no start with remote(short crank). Does anyone know of a tach source under the dash?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic