icon

2000 Nissan X-Terra remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  

I have installed a command start  remote start into this vehicle, I have done a hundred of these things

The car remotes starts perfectly fine, but when i get into the vehicle to put the key in for key take over, the starter engages itself when I turn the key to the accessory position, I can't even get it into the ignition position

Any help will be greatly appreciated as the customer will be returning shortly

thanks Mike

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  

Break the starter wire with a relay car side on pin 87a, key side on 30 ground while running on 85. Put your remote start "start wire" BEFORE the relay.

I've done this before on a vehicle with 1 starter wire Not 2....so Im not sure if you need to do both

Haku 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  

I have had to do that with the Nissan Frontier's.  I just put the relay in on the first starter wire, and it worked fine..... stupid freaking two starter wires anyway!!! 

Hak

Hak
Siemens Autostart
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
I had this happen once on an Extera  too! I figured it to be a problem with the ignition switch. I 5 wired a relay to the ignition wire so it didn't feedback, just like a Toyota Echo....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
05gt 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  

yep I did what kartuneman and haku said and it worked perfectly

thanks again

05gt 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  

one more thing with this vehicle

when it is started with the key it cranks a couple of times and then turns over

when started with the remote starter it cranks 5 or 6 times and then turns over (sometimes doesn't start)

what could be the problem

thanks mike

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
---If it is not remote starting reliably, it is possible that one of the two starter wires are not being powered up.
---As a general note with Nissans a few years old, if you find the starter momentarily grinding as you turn the key forward to take over.....that is usually a result of jumping the two factory starter wires together.
This can be solved either by powering the second startter separately with a relay, or by splitting your remote starter's starter output with two diodes.....although the diode method might not be reliable in the long run.
05gt 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
chris
I figured that out already the remote start I am using has a starter output wire and a 5th relay wire that I can use either as a 2nd ignitiom, 2nd accessory or 2nd starter, I am using it as the second starter and that is connected to the second starter wire in the vehicle
I did add a relay in on the first starter wire and it worked perfectly, now when I go to remote start it, it takes about 6 or 7 cranks to fire up which is to long
what would cause that

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic