icon

Ipod Video?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2006 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
wow i keep finding things on the net! here is a cable like my homemade one. not a bad price either
http://www.xtrememac.com/audio/cables/roadshow.php
Ipod Video? - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
ohlarikd 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2006 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  
That Griffin unit is $99, the other one is $149. The Griffin also has WiFi and Ethernet connections included for less money. Need some more screen shots though.
If there was a car charger adapter, it would be great. Of course, you could get a AC converter, then plug in the AC adapter, but thats a lot of adapters taking a lot of space.
My only question is, when using the Pioneer Adapter, the iPOD will continue to play when you go to other menus and use the NAV system. If you plug this unit in, will you continue to hear Audio when you go to NAV? I guess you need to use the Aux input, which is for XBOX's or portable DVD players. Gotta try this experiment.
For $99, its almost the same as the Pioneer adapter, although it is not pure digital. (Is the bottom port of the iPOD pure digital?)
Derek
alpine0000 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for that link. i just ordered that cable ;) im sick of my ipod battery dying really quickly when using my regular cable
2015 4Runner TRD Pro
-Viper 5706V alarm/remote start
-Viper DBALL2 Bypass Module
-Valentine One radar detector
tacalin 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 5:39 AM / IP Logged  
try this link and take a look to ILINK and you can:
Listen to audio from an iPod
View photos from an iPod on any composite video input monitor
Watch movies stored on your iPod
Control the iPod with a wireless IR remote control for total hands free operation
Display on screen menus on any video display
Work with ANY brand of car or home audio/video product
http://www.valormultimedia.com/
jsmithsole 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  

ohlarikd wrote:
My only question is, when using the Pioneer Adapter, the iPOD will continue to play when you go to other menus and use the NAV system. If you plug this unit in, will you continue to hear Audio when you go to NAV? I guess you need to use the Aux input, which is for XBOX's or portable DVD players. Gotta try this experiment.
For $99, its almost the same as the Pioneer adapter, although it is not pure digital. (Is the bottom port of the iPOD pure digital?)
Derek

That's my question, I like being able to still listen to the IPOD when you have the NAV up or even a dvd displaying. Although the N2 doesn't even recognize it as "IPOD" so maybe it doesn't matter and will still work the same way with this setup...

Good progress though guys!!

2004 Maxima
Pioneer Avic-N2
JL Subs/Amp
Rear View Cam
60gb IPOD Video
jsmithsole 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
I guess my other question would be for infinkc, what HU are you running, if it is the Pioneer can you let us know how the functions work running it how you have it set up? (see my last post) I have the IPOD adaptor and am just about over it, it sucks. That griffin one looks like it mght be the end all be all for us!!!
2004 Maxima
Pioneer Avic-N2
JL Subs/Amp
Rear View Cam
60gb IPOD Video
infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
I have it hooked up to a Pioneer D1, i also have the poineer ipod adpater hooked on the deck also. I have the cable i made hooked up to the aux input on the deck so when you press the AV button that is the function. you can press the map button and the nav shows up, the audio still plays no problem, if you have it on the av function you can setup the nav to have the small arrows in the bottom right screen, or just the audio interruption if you have a route. The pioneer ipod adaper is just sitting in the car, i do not use it anymore, have to pull it out and sell it. I plan on getting the griffen one or one with the menus and putting that in the car as soon as they are released.
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
jsmithsole 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  

Got it, so I'd assume that hooking up the griffin setup the audio would work the same way, just you would have a video feed as well? Yeah it seems like the IPOD adaptor is pretty useless. I have an external screen in my car (check cardomain link in sig) that I would run the IPOD output to directly, or I could run it through the HU and it will work like an external video game or DVD player correct? I think I'm sold on the griffin...

So many options...

2004 Maxima
Pioneer Avic-N2
JL Subs/Amp
Rear View Cam
60gb IPOD Video
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic