icon

Tiny surround puncture fix?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spootydlux4 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
Ok i was screwing in the last screw to finish up my component install, and of course my screwdriver slipped and put a tiny puncture about the size of  this [ ] in the surround and put a dent in the cone about the same size. I'm still pissed. Is there anything i can put on this to fix it, maybe rubber cement or silicone?
blah blah blah blah
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
use the rubber cement it'll do the trick.
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
mtxthunder9500 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
i have used this glue called E 6000 it work awesome even in cold temps and warm temps
nolte audio checkem out
2 mtx 9500 12's in a nolte audio double signature box...need an amp 3000 watts at 1 ohm?
spootydlux4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
where did you get it?
blah blah blah blah
mtxthunder9500 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
at any craft store you can find it. I got it at a craft store in the area where i live called michaels. It comes in a grey or silver tube. I swear by it is some awesome stuff its very plyable and is able to bend. Here is a link for the place i got it at http://www.michaels.com/art/online/search?pageNumber=1&channel=0&search=yes&keywords=e+6000&type=0&x=10&y=6
nolte audio checkem out
2 mtx 9500 12's in a nolte audio double signature box...need an amp 3000 watts at 1 ohm?
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
HAH we did this on one of my friends setups. fortunatly he bought the 2 year replacement warrantee or something. but what you need to do is get one of those drivers for your drill that has the slide cover, so you can load the screw, then slide the slide piece down, then you are 100% ensured that you wont slip and slide the bit into the speaker. Get one, its a big time insurance at little cost.
did a quick search, something liek the middle piece there, with the slide cover or something. I will never install a speaker without one.
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&fromAuto=YES&bidsite=CRAFT&pid=00925599000
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
godblessdremil 
Silver - Posts: 273
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
Thats why i always put a peace of cardboard over the speaker when ii screw shhh in. Especally When i am using a drill to get a screw into metal. As for above shoud work.
spootydlux4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
thanks very much guys, ill post an update whenever i get time to fix it
blah blah blah blah

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic