icon

fishman tsunami monkey raptor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ssnds 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  

Has anyone heard of these companies? For accessories which would be the best quality? I know accessories can't be that big of deal. But from personal experiences what can you suggest? I've never heard of raptor.   

I know warlock alarms, fishman audio, and balistic audio are new and up coming audio companies.

It never hurts to go with new companies and long as they can take care of there people. Have good products, same options on their products as competitors and low prices. Shipping,etc..

I love going with stuff that no one has never heard. Even though on a business aspect people may be leery of going with that product. Espically if they have not heard of that company. Back when I bought my RE subs. Friends would say RE? I'd be like yup, I've heard that rock. Once I put there product in my vehicle my friends are amazed.

I'm opening a lil shop and just want to make some good choices (don't we all) on which products I should go with.  How many stores do you walk into and you see stinger, tsunami, raptor, audiobahn accessories. Like they four different brands of fuse holders, wire, dist blocks, etc.. You get what I'm saying? Well I'm blabing on so I'll end on this note. LOTS of choices!

SSounds
xtremca2003 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged  
Get info on all of them. Find out who make a quality product while allowing you to be competive in your area and giving you the highest margin available. Its all about money, but there has to be quality. Some companies require that you buy so much of their product to become a dealer which is BS. Never buy too much because you have to turn the inventory other wise product become stale. Some companies have quick shipping and good minimum orders when placing an order. Meaning that if you need something they may require you to buy at least 25 bucks worth, wheras some may require you to buy 100 bucks each time you order. So if you have to get a custom lenght rca for a job, you shouldn't have to buy a bung of stuff to get it. Some places that I have worked with are CPS Distributing, Throckmorton Sales, Select products (who fishman was working with until thier fallout, and are higher priced, but decent supplies.) Draggon Distributing. Best thing you can do is call a number of manufactures and get all the info and go from there. Also when stacking your slat board walls with accessories, remeber to put 2 item per holder, that way you can span it out and make it look like you have a ton of accessories. Fuse holders (maintain the popluar glass AGU fuse's, 60A and 80A and some circuit breakers), no need to stock up on the big ANL styles since they do not move very fast. Prepacked amp hookup kits. 8ga and 4ga kits with 2 chan rca's. I could keep going, but now who's blabbing. Good luck
Chris
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
FishMan is Dave Fishman.  Good stuff, especially the gauges.  Tsunami is owned by Metra.  Decent.  I think Raptor is an Audiovox brand but I'm not 100% sure.  Never heard of Monkey but who knows these days?
Support the12volt.com
outtaluck72 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 7:35 AM / IP Logged  
Monkey Video, Warlock Alarms, Tsunami, Raptor, Fishman, and Ballistic subwoofer boxes are all brands of Metra Electronics. they are diversifing to make it a "one stop shopping" thing.
tex12gage 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  

Raptor is just a cheaper Tsunami. Both are  by the same people. (metra) Raptor has a few nice things, but from what I've seen most of its pretty cheap quality.

tex
Em12986 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
Have you lokked into DB Link. They have good products. Thats what I like to use.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic