icon

96 accord horn wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
copekyle 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
Ok guys, I am new to installing alarms and I have everything working up until this point. I have a 1996 honda accord and I am installing an Alpine SEC-100S system in this car. I have a horn wire on the alarm itself and I want to hook it into the car. The wiring diagram says that it should be a blue/red wire but I have tried connecting to every wire like that (well every wire that seemed logical), and I can't get it to work. Can someone please tell me which wire I can connect this output to and make it work? PLease be detailed, there are alot of wires that look identical.
Thanks!!
secureauto 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
Wire may be in yellow air bag harness !!!!be very careful with these!!!!!
Horn     18ga. Lt. GREEN/ Black (-) in connectors left of steering column (other side of wire is Blue/Red)      
If Accord SE:
Horn     16ga. Blue/Red (-) at relay behind passenger kick panel or at factory alarm     
ASE Certified
copekyle 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  
so this is weird.... is my output from the alarm supposed to be 12 volts when it is not in use? It started out not having a charge and now it is showing 12 volt. If this sounds correct, do I just splice directly into the GREEN/ blue wire?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic