icon

hardest hitting sub out there

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vipergtk22 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
If you want the best subwoofer in the world (SQ and SPL) then you need either a diamond audio d9 15 or JL audio 13.5. These have been tested and have proven themselves many times. dont go for some crappy sounding audiobahn or kicker or some other no name brand. you want the best these are the BEST!
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
ddsubman wrote:

darthness wrote:
i doubt they the solo x's hit much over 170....
but 1 15" sub that i posted (the elevation executioner) in a good install has been known to do around 150db, apaprently.

The executioner isn't that impressive...........

My 1 15" DD can do a 150db in a so-so quickie install...

Check out termpro.com... Alan Dante hit a 176.0 in extreme with one 9917b, and 1 amp at a db drag sanctioned event. Thats' a 1500 dollar sub give or take, but I'd pay 10,000 dollars for 1 sub if I could hit a 176 with it. No other single sub on the market (not even the MTX jackhammer!) can even come close to that kind of spl. That's not even DDs' top of the line sub. They just released the 9917z series. If you can afford the 5,000 dollar pricetag, you can have a world record in whatever organization you run in with the right power going to this beast.

DD rules!!!!

The Jackhammer hasnt been tested in competition yet so thats a bad statement to make. Also what is the rules for Extreme class in DB drag and is that outlaw style?

double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
db drag runs everything on the winshield in legal postition, and the extream class about anything goes.....concrete, modified roof and floor lines, but there is a minimum space....
this is one sick vehicle I have witnessed it myself
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
footbaldd 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
You cant go wrong with digital designs. I run one dd3510d in my integra with just under 2000watts rms and although I haven't had the opportunity to get it metered yet the only complaint that I have had since I put it in was to turn it down.hardest hitting sub out there - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image. I spent a couple months researching different companies and ended up going with dd for a couple reasons: one being all american design and parts, another is there excellent customer service, and thirdly their attention to detail. Off hand I would guess that I am hitting mid 140db with this setup, and honestly I wouldnt want it any louder. Another thing to remember is that it is also largely dependant on the quality of the installation. That includes deadening, enclosure design, power available, component selection, along with many other variables. Good luck in your search.
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic