icon

Best Alarm/Remote Start-Ford Ex Deisel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
keith8898 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 02 Ford Excursion Deisel with the 7.3.  What are your thoughts on the best 2way system for this truck.  I would be interested in the ambient temp sensor for when i am snowmobiling up north and there are no plugs available to plug my vehicle in.  Also i have seen alot of posts regarding problems with vehicles shutting down do to high idle.  My deisel when warming up will idle up until i step on the brake peddle.  Any thoughts on this as well would be appreciated.  Thank you very much.

Keith

robdog1969 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 5:11 AM / IP Logged  

although their may  be many different opinions i prefer viper 791 xv... it has a wait to start wire and tach monitoring witch can both be accessed at the cluster it also has a timer mode that will start your truck every 3 hours.... you might wanna check I think some excursions require a timer relay...

Robert

over 20 years of experience in the 12 volt industry
catalin capota 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  
Compustar has a longer range, better looking remote, brighter indiglo remote, more reliable, more individual triggers displayed on the remotes and will also start every 3 hours plus with the use of a temperature sensor it can be programmed to star moe often.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  

Anything astroflex....the most deisel friendly units on the market.  I. M. O.

Pos, or Neg glowplug input. OR built in timer!  Programable temp sensor 4 temps, and 4 runtimes

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  

I drive a 2001 F350 diesel, I use and recommend Compustar. Look at the 2WFMS if you want remote start / keyless entry or the 2WFM8000AS if you want the same + alarm functions. Compustar is one of the few companies that do not change things by the year, the brain I have in my 01 (which was installed in a 00 before that) is the same brain that is still used today. A good remote start is only as good as the install, ensure that all of the high current connections are soldered.

I have encountered no issues with my Compustar due to idle up. Compustar does indeed also have a plug in low temp sensor, perfect for what you need.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
robdog1969 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
like i said everybody has an opinon   dei has been around along time and its not canadian
over 20 years of experience in the 12 volt industry
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
DEI is made in China.....not Canada....thats a good thing?
keith8898 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you all for the responses.  I will look at them very carefully to make my decision.  I know everyone has their opinion but this has opened a couple or options i didnt know of before.

Keith

bigdaddy96 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
DEI does it's R&D in the US.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic