icon

Subwoofer/amplifier?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wstsydr 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
hey guys, i am about to embark on my sub journey in my car and i was just wanting to know your opinions on what setup im thinking about. first off i have an old fosgate punch amp(brand new, never been used, but its an 01 amp that i have had sitting around waiting to be installed into something Subwoofer/amplifier? - Last Post -- posted image. , anyways it is a bd1000.1 and if you arent familiar with it it is a 1000 watt RMS @ 2ohm, 1 channel amp, and the verification certificate tells me that the actual total power on it is 1193 watts. what im thinking about is putting it on a pair of memphis M1 or M3 single voice coil 10's, both have 4 ohm impedence (going into an Integra, not a ton of room) the M1 is rated at 300 watts RMS and the M3 is rated at 400 watts RMS i was wondering if
1) would the performance in the M1 and M3 be worth the extra $$$ and would the 100 watts per sub help me using the power that my amp has available
2) does this sound like a feasible setup or do i have it all wrong, planning on wiring them up in parallel to get 2 ohms
3)im planning on running 2 gauge wire for this amp and my mid/high amp and was wondering what kind charge i should look for in a capacitor
4)what does the wattage on my verification certificate actually mean, that instead of 1000 watts it is actually almost 1200 or is that more of a peak power thing
that is all of the questions i can think of that i have at the moment and any help you guys can give me is greatly appreciated.
thanks
ron
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  

Ignore the cap, 99% chance that you will not need it. Channel those $ to the most important part of your wiring, the ground wire. Read the groundind sticky up top of the forum, it is 100% a must with those generation Rockford amps. They need the absolute best ground they can possibly get. Your amp is definitely closer to the 1200w rms mark than the rated 1000w rms mark. I would look to a sub that can handle more abuse. As space is also a concern, a sub that will work in a small sealed box might also be nice. I will recommend the Eclipse aluminum series (as usual) for a person who needs a great sub, small box, amazing tonal response and the ability to play to a healthy volume level without falling apart. Look at the SW7104DVCT2.

www.eclipse-web.com

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
wstsydr 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
awesome, thanks for the input guys, i really appreciate it and the eclipse sub is now definintely in the running.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic