icon

02 trailblazer, keyless entry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
Oh yea, headlights are easy, white wire at the switch is a negative. directly connect the BLACK/ white off the 712t to this for headlights on after unlock. The reverse lights need a relay, they are a light green positive found at the BCM under the rear seat...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
Use a GMDLBP and it will do everything including perimeter lighting.
sparky
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  
You can also go into the rear hatch and try to wire the motor leads as reverse polarity...this is what DEI says to do when the data interface isn't available. Their diagram for it is here.
I forgot to say...I'd also diode isolate the databus lock and unlock inputs from the wires going to the rear hatch if you do that.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
bigdaddy96 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  
The data wire HAS to be SOLDERED 6-8 inches away from the OBD connector.  Ducatidesmo is correct.  It was not programmed correctly.  Unplug the harness and short the pins to drain the caps.  Press and hold the momentary button while plugging the connector back in.  Ignition on until the LED flashes, then crank the starter and the LED should turn off.
tahawus84 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I programmed the 457 and I do have the purple soldered in about 6 inches from the obd connector. The rear latch will unlock but will not lock.  If I use the button on the driver door it will lock. Also does the 457 interface with the headlamps and horn though the purple wire or do i need to wire that in seperatly?
tahawus84 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help guys. Where can I find the GMDL-BP ?
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
tahawus84 wrote:
Thanks for the help guys. Where can I find the GMDL-BP ?
You try searching google for a GMDL-BP?
A result on the first page.   
tom badger 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
If the rear hatch locks & unlocks with the factory power lock/unlock switch in the front doors and/or with the factory remote, then the 457G should operate the hatch lock also. Try installing a diode (with band side away from the 457G) in the black (ground) wire and reprogram the 457G by unplugging the harness for 1 minute, then press the black button and hold, plug in the harness (the LED will light up), start the car (the LED will flash) shut off the car. Try the locks from your new keyless. All doors should lock and unlock.
If that doesn't do it, check to see if you have voltage on each of the rear hatch actuator wires when you hit the lock and unlock button. One wire should show positive voltage on lock, the other on unlock. If you have voltage only one way (either lock or unlock), or if the same wire shows a positive voltage reading regardless of whether you hit the lock or unlock button, then check for a broken wire going to the actuator. Also, it could be the actuator itself - unplug it and check across the actuator terminals to make sure you have continuity with an ohm meter.
The Badger
tahawus84 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
i bought a GMDL-BP and got it hooked up and everything works except the exterior lighting. horn honks and all locks lock and unlock fine. What did i do wrong?
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2006 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
Bypasskit's own website doesn't mention the perimeter lighting at all...it does do dome supervision.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic