icon

Eclipse 3242 amplifier adjustments

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
flynntech 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
I have a question about some settings on this Eclipse 3242 4-channel amplifier.
1. In the front and rear and rear x-ovr controls, there is a switch to go from MONO to STEREO or L+R. I understand mono and stereo, but what is L+R for?
2. For the preout x-over, there is a switch for FADE or NO FADE. Another switch for PARALLEL or OFF.
Can anyone tell me for sure exacactly what these do?
I'm thinking of setting it up to power two 6" speakers w/tweeters with the front channels and using the rear channels bridged to power a single 10" JL sub in a sealed wedge box. Would this amp provide 220 watts for a 4 ohm load (bridged)?
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,364
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  

hi,

the  L+R setting would sum the inputs and give you a mono/ bridged output at the speaker terminals for those particular channels

the FADE/ NO FADE switch determines how the preout receives its signal. NO FADE would combine the LF and LR for the left channel out, RF and RR for the  right....allows for the output to be used for bass frequencies so the level doesn't change as the front/ rear fader is adjusted...FADE links it to one of the amps input channels..front or rear but i don't recall which one

the PARALLEL/ OFF switch allows one set of inputs to be used for the front and rear sections of the amp....head unit with one set of preouts or bi-amping of component speakers

i don't recall the power output bridged, but i do remember to keep the speaker impedance above 4 ohms with these amps when running mono/bridged.  220 watts may seem optimistic.

hope this helps

mark

flynntech 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Mark, this helps shed some light on the subject. If the bridged channels don't do what I need with the sub, then I can leave the Rockford 75 x2 amp on it for now, but think that's too weak too. It should have a nice class D, so that's what I'll do next if the bass doesn't measure up.
I think this 4 channel amp will do just fine for the other speakers!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic