icon

04 Malibu Enclosure

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
malibu04 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone make a custom enclosure for an 04 malibu in the trunk?  If so where could i find it. I have searched and found nothing.  I have never done fiberglass and don't wanna screw up my car.
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  
wy dont you make a mdf for the backing and then make the front fiberglass. if you do it this way you dont have to do eny fiberglass work in your car. if you dont want to do it your self you can gust bring it to a local shop.
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
malibu04 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
Live out in the country in south texas.  The closest city is corpus christi and i don't have any referrerals for anyone in the area that does this kinda work.  Anyone have referreals of know where to buy it custom.  If i use mdf for the back..Is there a step by step manual for fiberglassing on the net somewhere that is good?
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
if you have a digital camera you can post the pics of the location were you want the subs and what you want to do on the fiberglass and interior forum. the people on there will be able to help you alot better on there.
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
malibu04 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
Alright...will do ASAP..thanx
malibu04 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2006 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  

04 Malibu Enclosure - Last Post -- posted image.

This is a picture of my my passenger side where i want to keep my sub.

04 Malibu Enclosure - Last Post -- posted image.

He is a picture of the Driver side where i am wanting to install the amp.   I am wanting to make them seperate because of what i have heard about subs shaking the amp and destroying them.  I have a Rockford Fosgate Type RF.  I also need to keep them seperate so that i can close the trunk. 

Any feedback on first steps and how to start would be appreciated.  I made a big mold of the passenger side with fiberglass but someone said the back was to flat and needed to be made with MDF.  Any idea on how to start or continue would be appreciated.

malibu04 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2006 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  

anybody

malibu04 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
been reading some more and people are saying that it iwill only rattle parts on the inside of an amp if the amp is cheap.  Since i do have a type RF rockford fosgate should i just put the sub in the bottom of the enclosure and build an amp rack on the top.  This would be on the driver side since this is where the wires are run.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
Why not just screw the amp to the back seat?  Then you can fiberglass an enclosure in the rear quarterpanel.  Read up in the fiberglass forum.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic