icon

Cleansweep wiring?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jaugust 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  

Sadly the Cleansweep only has 2 sets of RCA outputs so my question is simply how should I wire a 4 channel and also a 2 channel amp.

I was thinking the best approach would be to split the rear set of rcas coming out of the Cleansweep into the rear on the 4 channel and also into the 2 channel for the sub, but if there is a better way, please feel free to share it.

jugga-nemo 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
Both amps should have a set of RCA outputs that you can use for the extra two channels. I say, run the RCA from the Cleansweep to the 4 channel, and then out from the 4 channel to the 2 channel. That will save you from running an extra RCA through your car, just need a shorty from one amp to the other.
5.25" Components & 5x7 Coax Kappas w/Power Acoustik OV4-800
KAC 7252 powering 2 D3 8" Diamonds
KDC-MP728, KGC-4042A
jaugust 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
Great idea, I always forget that amps have rca outs.
Thanks much.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
I say take the cleansweep back and get a unit like the Audio Control LC6 that will do the job properly and allow you to use the functions of your cd player like they were intended to be used.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
jaugust 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  

forbidden wrote:
I say take the cleansweep back and get a unit like the Audio Control LC6 that will do the job properly and allow you to use the functions of your cd player like they were intended to be used.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that just looks like a fancy line level converter. Wouldn't I still need to use some sort of eq, and tune it myself,  to defeat the factory presets in the headunit?

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2006 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  
It is much more than a fancy line level convertor. Do some reading up on it to see what it can do for you. Is your factory headunit heavily equalized or can you set it flat? Where the Cleansweep is nice is when you have a factory head that is heavily equalized that you cannot change the settings on it, it will come up with a nice flat response for you. If your response is adjustable at your head, chances are better than the average bear that the LC6 will do the job for you.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2006 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
Like forbidden said, I would only use the cleansweep if your factory system has equalization at the head unit (like bose or many other oem systems do). What vehicle do plan to put the cleansweep into?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic