icon

97 Bonneville Won't Start After Installin

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blackbonneville 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2006 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
I purchased a 97 Bonneville SSE about a month ago, it had a Delco radio setting in the hole but was not hooked up (the harness had been cut). I purchased an aftermarket radio and hooked it up to the radio wires that where there. Constant Power to the Orange, Switched Power to the Yellow, Ran a Ground to metal, and a green appears to be the antenna. Radio works great, comes on with switch stays on until door is opened. Only problem is the car will not crank over at all. It is like the computer has locked out the starter. Looked for blown fuses, seen none nowhere in the three fuse boxes. The car says Bose System on the dash and there was a plug that ran from other radio wires that where still in there plug (don't no what they controlled) that ran to another plug that all the speaker wire had been cut from, I assumed this was the Bose amp plug, being it was all disconnected when I got the car and it started fine I cut the plug off for the Bose amp and taped the ends. Really didn't see what difference it would make being none of it was plugged into anything. I still have another plug that has three wires in it that I have no ideal what they control, I am thinking maybe one of them goes to the computer and should be hooked up but I have no ideal which one or where to hook it.
Any ideals?
Ocuriel 
Copper - Posts: 141
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2006 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
does the vehicle crank? or cranks but doesn't start?
blackbonneville 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2006 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
There is no crank at all, all I get is a click from the relay box and none of the are labeled ignition.
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 2:11 AM / IP Logged  
did you try charging the battery?
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
blackbonneville 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged  
Yes the battery is charged, I also took the radio back out and it made no diffence. One of the wires that are left does go to the data bus in the computer, but I have no ideal where or if it should be hooked up.There seems like there should be a starter relay somewhere but I have not located one. That or there is a in-line fuse somewhere and I can't find that either.
oxygen65 
Silver - Posts: 252
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2006 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
get a wirering diagram for the car and look to see were that wire is supoesed to go, also you migh wanna check becuse there might be somethin goofey with the wirering like you touched 2 wires together and didnt kno it cuz my friend did that in his envoy he touched a orange wire with some other wire and his whole car locked down and nothing worked. so get a wireing diagram
blackbonneville 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2006 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
The three wires that where left are another ground, the steering wheel radio controls and the wire to the data bus, they hooked up to the original Delco Bose system. Put the car in the shop and it didn't have any thing to do with the radio, it was a receptor between the Passkey and the computer that had gone bad. Most likely went when it did because I was turning the switch on/off over and over testing the wires and radio. Felt good to tell the wife it had nothing to do with my wiring. Bahahah! Thanks for the help anyways.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic