icon

2003 Honda Accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
domenic73 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2006 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed a DEI remote starter into a 2003 Honda Accord sedan.  When attempting to unlock the doors with the DEI keyless entry it is not always working.  The factory still works fine.  I tried checking all of the connections and even when I test the factory unlock wire, it is receiving the unlock pulse from the brain every time but not unlocking.  Does anyone know of anything in the car that could be prevening this or have any other suggestions?
Dom V
candy&chrome 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2006 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  

is there a factory alarm in the car? if so did you accidentally tie your re-arm and disarm wires incorrectly with your lock and un-lock wires?

if the car has the factory alarm i know that with the accords with the security light on the drivers door you can get arm, disarm, lock, un-lock all at the security module, and they are 4 seperate wires (aka. window switch bar)

hope i could help

domenic73 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  
This Accord has the factory light in the dash.  I connected to the lock/unlock wires near the fuse box and the arm/disarm in the driver's door.
Dom V
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  
You have done your connection correctly. Don't waste your time. I ran into the same sistuation like yourself 3 times. Just add a relay to give it more ground. Some Accord didn't require a relay while some will do. I don't understand it either, but anyway try that.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.2003 Honda Accord - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic