icon

Impressive Duals

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
honomichl 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  
Recently i installed two 12 inch duals for a friend in a 96 Jimmy running off a PPI amp( are those any good. Never heard of them before). (The dual are the ones from best buy). personally before i installed them thought they were going to sound like crap. I'm used to more high end.But having Hx2's and now having L7. I was impressed by how his stereo sounded. It was loud and sounded ok. Question to you guys is were you ever impressed with somthing you thought that  would sound or get as loud as it did. 
you can't be ahead of the curb if you aren't LIVIN LOUD
ddsubman 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
I recently bought a pair of xsite 6.5 coaxes. They were dirt cheap (29.99 pair) I just wanted to replace my factory front door speakers since they had blown up and I didn't have a whole lot of cash to play with. I ran the recommended power to them with correct crossover settings and I was relly impressed! Good midrange response and crisp highs. A lot louder and more clear sounding than alot of "high end" stuff I've had before! Needless to say, I went back and purchased 2 more pairs to replace my rear door speakers and overheads in the back.
Gettin' deafer by the day.......96' GMC yukon-Eclipse CD 5442HU
MA Audio HK4000D-Digital Designs 9515F
150+db with one woofer...DD rules!!!!
honomichl 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  

Nice dude

you can't be ahead of the curb if you aren't LIVIN LOUD
Fastlearner 
Silver - Posts: 346
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2006 at 2:56 AM / IP Logged  
I work for best buy and for the price of those duals you can't beat them. I almost thought about throwing 6 or 10 10" in my car then i remembered they are dual. But seriously they can hit pretty hard.
downstarinc 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2006 at 3:44 AM / IP Logged  
ive installed an aftermarked fosgate amp onto a jbl stock system in a highlander(replaced the stock amp with an aftermarket) and it sounded damn good! i was sooo suprised..stock system + aftermarket amp/deck = good!
jl audio..nuff said

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic