icon

791xv remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mexpimp23 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2006 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
I am new here and i have found this site really useful, yesterday my alarm was acting pretty weird, i would try to remote start it or unlock/lock the doors but it would just beep like it had no signal, i replaced the antenna and wire, it was like $12 dollars new at work, so it put it on made sure every thing was connected, it worked but stopped working like 10 seconds later, should i replace the remote or is there something else, i wanted to know from you guys before i go off and spend 75 dollars on a new remote. oh yeah i disconnected the antenna for like 5 minutes, then 30 minutes, but that really didn't help, some times the remote will work some times it wont, that's why i am kind of leaning in the direction that the remote might have to be replaced.
97f150ext 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2006 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  

by chance have you replaced the battery in the remote?  I would try every simple option before buying another remote.

oh yeah, you think you can get another antenna??  Im looking to buy a replacement for a 791xv.  thanks.

lat22 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  

TTT.  I'm experiencing the exact same problems. 

cirrusly_fast 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
I'm having a similar problem accept that I just was messing around with my spare battery and amp. I unhooked the spare battery in my car and although my other battery still was attached and running everything, now that my spare is hooked back up I can't arm, disarm, or start my car, or use the auxilary.
do I need to reprogram alarm?
Cuz I'm Kewl Like That.
System: 1-12" Orion H2, Crossfire VR2000D,Odyssey C2150 battery
cirrusly_fast 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
do I need to reprogram alarm?
or can i do other test to see if alarm still works.
btw, this remote i have i bought and had programed after i bought the alarm and had it installed
Cuz I'm Kewl Like That.
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
NO reporgramming will work
If you can take a soldering gun and just heat up the contact for one the antenna and two the battery connection the reason for this is when they are made the flux is attached to the terminal and they use the bathing method to solder the joints . downside some joints do not get a strong connection so this like your experienceing are happening. Dont do anything except heat up the solder point that let it cool thats it. dont move the batter spring antenna spring nothing. just heat them up and let them cool.
The bathing method for soldering is good because it is fast but bad because they have to keep the temperature at the right level or if its to low bad soldering. to high the chips get burned. I have discussed this issue with one of the top guys at dei named kevin. if you contact dei and you get an honest guy he will tell you the same thing...
Ps the only other problem is if you have two car with these systems close to each other the system anticoding feature makes it hard for your remote to work with your car. the other system can jam the signal.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
cirrusly_fast 
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  
who are you replying to?
Cuz I'm Kewl Like That.
wranglercory 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
These remotes are known to have cold solder joints in them they can be repaired I have done this on remotes before and they work fine . If you think it is the remote you can send them into DEI and get them repaired . I like these remotes all except for the problems you are having with them and it in my opinion is a large problem .

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic