icon

neon lights, relay, switch w/ light

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
e36325i 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2006 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
I'm trying to wire up two neon lights and am using a switch with a light built in and a realy to do so. I can get the neons working but I want the switch light to turn on also. Here is how i'm wiring it. I've got ground going to 86, power to 85, the ground from the neons to 30 another ground to 87 and power going directly to the neon lights. The switch is between ground and 86. There are three prongs on the switch two silver one gold the two wires going from ground to 86 are on the silver prongs. If I hook up power to the gold prong it blows the fuse. Is it possible to light the switch wiring the neons this way. By the way I'm using ground as my input on the relay b/c thats how i was taught to wire neons.
Shawn123421 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
connect the ground on your neons and on the ground terminal on your switch and on the 86 terminal on the relay, then connect the power wire on the constant 12 volt + terminal on the switch and on the 30 terminal on the relay. then connect the acc. terminal on the switch to the 85 terminal on the relay, now connect the + from th neons to the 87 terminal on the relay, and your done

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic