icon

97 jeep grand cherokee, viper 791xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
quickray 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2006 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  

I just installed a dei starter and 455t in my '97 grand.  This was my first install and it honestly took me less than 2 hours total.  Most of the wires you need are right under the steering column.  The only 2 issues (minor) that I have/had was that I couldn't find the door pinswitch wire in the drivers kickpanel (so, I wired up the included one instead).  And, the automatic lock/unlock doesn't work, because I believe this is tied into the neutral safety switch that I just grounded (The remote lock/unlock works It just won't unlock automatically when returned to the park position).  When the weather gets warmer I will fish a wire to the tranny.  I am running it tachless and it works flawlessly but hooking it up to the coil wont be to much more work if needed.  There is enough room to manuever to under the dash to solder all the wires (which I did).  Also if you remove the 2 screws holding the factory plug I will give you more room as well for the 2 wire 455t install.  I installed the unit under the steering column after cutting out some of the foam but I probablly wouldn't recomend this spot for an alarm because it would be the first place a thief would look.  Their "might" be enough room behind the stereo and heating controls but Im not sure how muh better this would be.

quickray 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2006 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
Edit: I meant hood pinswitch not door.97 jeep grand cherokee, viper 791xv - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
jonchos 
Copper - Posts: 256
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2006 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
Buy some knee pads. very helpful. Take your time and double check evrything. DO NOT mess with any wires wrapped in a yellow sleeve, this might be your air bags, they get kinda expensive to replace. Good luck and let us know how you do.
ltrains 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  

my car doorlocks didn't work after i first tryed it but the remote start worked.. but after 5-10mins, it doesn't start with the remote or key.. i didn't wire the CCD BUS wires on the module.

grand cherokee 97 4.0
avic n2 with cdr11 remote and xm..
ltrains 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  
i saw a radio shack alarm in my car, should i leave it in there or disconnect it
grand cherokee 97 4.0
ltrains 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2006 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
hey guys, its me again... the alarm is great but i never really got the chance to work on the alarm sensor.. everything works except the alarm.. i placed the shock sensor where the old alarm shock sensor was at but it doesn't detect nothing, its actually a good place to put sensor since its all the way in the kick panel by drivers...i tap the the sensor sometimes but it doesn't trigger either.. i do see the red light blinking..  the shock is connected to the brain but it rarely triggers even if i tap it with my fingers.. anybody know what should i do? the alarm triggers if i open the doors and stuff but it wont trigger when some hits it anything.. the remote start works, the door unlocks fine.. but i really want to get this fixed.. please help, thanks... i also bought a glass sensor, that wont work either..
grand cherokee 97 4.0
jonchos 
Copper - Posts: 256
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2006 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  

It sounds like your connector for the sensors is bad. Do you have another alarm that you can test the sensor in?

ltrains 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2006 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
but the unit was brand new, gotta be some other reason for it not to work.. any more ideas?
grand cherokee 97 4.0
ltrains 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2006 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  
bump*
grand cherokee 97 4.0
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2006 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
Ya man, brand new doesnt mean anything. The drivers side kick is a horrible place for the shock sensor though, you want it more centralized or else it wont detect both sides evenly. Did you turn the sensitivity up on the sensor?
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic