icon

KDC-MP22 Wont Plays MP3's Any More

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
treboronamo 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
Ive had this deck with no problems for about 3 years. I red another post on this forum about a guy with a similiar Kenwood deck and some ideas were LENS FOGGING but I dont know about that. The problem started during a long drive from NY to Georgia. Nearly non-stop driving, I guess it could have gotten hot (the deck) although it was early January.
It will play nice black CD-Rs with like 10-20 tracks on them but it will not play other CD-Rs with dozens of songs on them. It will read the disc for a minut and then say "1" as if there is only one track and then it will not play anything at all. It will just say "1". I tried numerous different CD's which all formerly worked and only the black CD-R's (and one cheap CD-r which has just one CD of songs on it) will play.
I recently installed the sirius adapter for Kenwood. My deck can play Sirius but it needed the adapter to hok the antennea up to the back of the deck. Could that be a problem? I had the Sirius for about 3 months prior to the problem...
Any suggestions? It's been ongoing now with no MP3's playing for 4 weeks now and I went from cold NY to warmer Georgia.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  

I think I remember reading about a similar problem like this a while back, and resetting the deck cleared it up.  You might give that a try.

No, the FM modulator for the Sirius will not have anything to do with it.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
treboronamo 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the advice. Ill try that first light tomorrow.
Should I just unplug it or something to reset it or is there an easier way than that to reset it by any chance?
I lost my manual and was using a .PDF for a while then my PC broke so I would use that but I cant
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 03, 2006 at 6:52 AM / IP Logged  
There should be a small reset button on the face.  You can use a paper clip or something small like that to push it.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
nstaller36695 
Copper - Posts: 106
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2006 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  

on the kenwood mpc 228 there should be a disc read select in the stand by menu

the best part of a job is seeing the bumper get smaller over the horizon

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic