icon

96 ford mustang, Xpress DX350 Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ramsieze 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
I have tried to install this thing for several nights now and i have got the horn and the brains all set up. My questions are when I tried to wire up the door pin switches for the alarm to go off when the door is open I have 3 wires(lt grn / YELLOW, blk/grey or lt blue, and a RED / yellow) the RED / yellow one is just on the driver door and so i assume it is for the power mirrors.  In chiltons it says the grn / YELLOW one is the one i need but I think that is for the factory one that I dont have. Here in the forum you all show the blk/grey or lt blue one is the one i need. The installation instruction says i positive for the pin switches. I need to know exactly where in the driver or passenger kick panel i need to install to wire and should i just tie it into it. I also would like to know if that will go off when the trunk and hood are open and if not where should i look for the pins that turn on the hood and trunk lights. this is my first alarm install and im not terrible with wiring things up but i dont know where to look. I think i have found the horn wire(yellow i believe)under the steering colume and wanted to know if i just had to tie into it as well. and I have one of those chips that has to be under the dash for it to start the car and i wanted to know if i need to install the ign kill on the alarm if i have that or would that be over my head? Thanks to everyone in advance. 
ramsieze 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
oh and i almost forgot to hook it up so that my parking lights flash i just need to find that wire that goes to the headlight switch on my dash that turns on my parking lights right?
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  

Don't believe everything you read.......Meter , Meter , Meter..............

Here are a few hookups:

http://www.directechs.com/directwire/wire_body.asp?action=select&yr=1728&product=Remote Start

OR:

Constant 12 voltsYELLOW (5)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition 12 voltsTAN/WHITEIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
StarterWHITE/ PINKIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Dome LightBLACK/ L BLUE (+)GRAY 12 PIN PLUG IN DR. KICK PANEL *
Trunk Pin SwitchBLACK/ PINK (+)AT LIGHT IN TRUNK
Parking LampBROWN (+)AT HEADLIGHT SWITCH
Power LockPINK / YELLOW12 PIN BLACK CONNECTOR **
Power UnlockPINK/L GREENHIGH IN DRIVER KICK PANEL
* With OEM Keyless Entry Dome Light Wire Is GRAY (+) In 12 Pin Gray Connector In Driver Kick Panel.
** Without OEM Keyless Entry....  Reversal Rest At Ground Door Locks
With OEM Keyless Entry.... Negative Pulse Door Locks 

Accessories
Window UpD\ WHT/BLK P\ WHT/YEL D\ GRY/ORG P\ RED / BLK @ MAIN SWITCH
Window DownF/ YELLOW F/ TAN/BLU R/ YEL/BLU R/ YEL/BLK *
Ign Key WarnBLACK/ PINK (-)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Trunk ReleasePURPLE / YELLOW (+)AT TRUNK RELEASE SWITCH
OEM HornYELLOW/LT.GREEN(-)4 PIN CONN. BOTTOM OF STEERING COLUMN
HeadlightsRED / YELLOW (+)AT HEADLIGHT SWITCH
OEM Alarm ArmN/A
OEM Alarm DisarmD GREEN/ PURPLE (-)BLACK 12 PIN CONN. DR. KICK PANEL

Anti-Theft Hood Switch-TAN/LIGHT GREEN At Hood Switch.

Reversal Rest At Ground Power Window Circuit 
* Rear Windows Listed Are On Convertibles Only. 
Positive Pulse Trunk Release

Remote Start
Tach SignalORANGE / WHITEPIN #48 AT POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE*
Ignition #2GRAY / YELLOWIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS **
Ignition #3GRAY / YELLOWIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS **
AccessoryBLACK/ L GREENIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS **
Neutral SafetyNOT GROUNDING TYPE -OEM SWITCH OPENS STARTER CIRCUIT
Brake LightRED / L GREEN (+)AT SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL
Reverse LightBLACK/ PINK (+)8 PIN GRAY CONN. IN PASS. KICK PANEL
Rear Window DefrostN/ATIMER BUILT INTO SWITCH

* Powertrain Control Module Located In Passenger Kick Panel. ** There Are 5 Ignitions To Power Up For Remote Start Applications. See Tech Notes. Warning!! If Eguipped With Fords New Passive Anti Theft System (PATS)

Ignition #1- TAN/WHITE - Powers Ignition Control Module (Primary Ignition)

Ignition #2- GRAY / YELLOW - Powers Blower Motor
* Ignition #3- GRAY / YELLOW - Powers Blower Motor
* Ignition #4- GRAY / YELLOW - Powers Air Bag Monitor And Transmission Control Ignition #5- BLACK/ GREEN - Powers Heat/Ac Controls
* 2 Of The 3 GRAY / YELLOW Wires Listed Are The Same Circuit.

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
ramsieze 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2006 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  
ok thank you for the wiring info but as i have discovered they were slightly wrong for my car the wire was in the right place just wrong color. on mine it was a black\org wire next to a red\blue plug so i got it i believe and we will see how well it works tomarrow. Goodnight all everything else that you said is wired correct. Thanks mo12v.
ramsieze 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2006 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  

ok i had another forum open and but im past that point now so if im violating a rule please advise.

I was having trouble with wiring up the door pin switch and the alarm so it would go off when i opened the door. I was giving by mo12v the wiring locations and colors and i thank you for that. But I took the car to a shop today because even though I had it wired correctly the door still wouldnt trigger it. The shop guy said that it was because I needed to wire in 2 relays because I dont have a factory keyless entry system. He gave me wiring instruction for the relay but my question is the instructions say to connect it to the negative output from alarm. but my alarm show that for ford types us the purple (+) wire for the dome relay. Im dead in the water when it comes to relays and how this is suppose to work. I just cant seem to get the doors to activate the alarm when they are opened.

Does anyone have any idea of what im talking about because at this point i just need connect wire a to wire b install guide lol. Thanks in advance for any help

spl-Hz 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2006 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
Relays should not  be needed for a simple door trig. check wire for 12v with door open if older ford .
ramsieze 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 1:43 AM / IP Logged  
so far i have been unable to find the 12 volt that you refer to. I have found the grey plug in the driver kick panel that kills the dome lights and the parking lights lol. i know which wire is the dome light and have tried to tap into it but have had no luck getting it to go off when the doors open. i had asked at a couple of shops and they all say i need to wire in two relays if anyone has done this without a relay please help. thank you very much to all who have pointed my in the right direction. and if anyone has done this with a relay please help as well. i am not a total moron but i have never done a car alarm and have never really messed with the wiring to a car. i know the car alarm output is positive and the chiltons i have for the car says it should be positive for the dome light. the only thing that makes this hard is that i dont have a normal wire set as the person before me added a handy little chip ignition kill so that i have to have the chip under the dash or the car wont start. i know if may sound dumb but is there both a negative and positive in that plug that i have found and if so if i install a relay to switch the polarity should it work and finding the damn positive is getting on my nerves lol. thanks in advance goodnight
ramsieze 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 1:49 AM / IP Logged  

oh and i thought that i should add this link to the site as i have used you alls knowledge so much. I stumbled onto it while sitting a work getting paid to surf the net lol. It has alot of usful info on wiring up relays.

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/fbody/alarm.htm

If you scroll down you will see alot of good pics of the relays and how to wire them

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 2:10 AM / IP Logged  
Unless your vehicle has been changed and thes wires are at the Door PIN Switch, your original post identified the wire you need...... >>> " I have 3 wires(lt grn / YELLOW, blk/grey or lt blue, and a RED / yellow)"<<<.......
BLACK / lt.Blue is 12 volt Positive
You would then hook the PURPLE wire from Alarm to the BLACK / lt. Blue.
Have you tried a Positive jumper wire to the PURPLE wire from Alarm, after you Arm the Alarm to confirm the PURPLE wire works?
Be sure the Alarm is not in Valet also.
Very few vehicles require a Relay to convert Door PIN Voltage, as most Alarms have different Polarity built in
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
ramsieze 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2006 at 1:51 AM / IP Logged  

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would post and say thanks to all of you that helps me with the 96 ford mustang and door problem. I finally got it working. What had happened was there were two blk\lt blue wires under there and I was stabbing the wrong one. Now It works and I am finally able to sleep. I know its the wrong forum but I installed the stereo as well and it works again. Im piecing my car back together piece by piece and it starting to look better then before. So once again thanks to all on this site. I plan on staying because I have alot of things I plan on doing to this car. Ill post a pic sooner or later on the net.

Bye for now,

Ramsieze 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic