icon

Grommet Location For 2000 F150

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrmsudawgs 
Copper - Posts: 145
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2006 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
I need to run a wire from a roof mounted antena (magnet mount) to the inside of my cab. The best wire path is simply down the back of the cab and go between the cab and bed of the truck. Is there a grommet location in this area or maybe under the truck somewhere? I know about the grommets in the firewall accessed by raising the hood. Those are too far away. I'm hoping for something near the back of the cab. Any ideas?
Mike
2000 F150 Supercab Lariat, Alpine CDA-9831, Polk MMC570 in Doors, One Polk MM2104 Sub, One Polk Carbon C400.4 Amp.
John 3:16
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2006 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
take out the high mounted brakelight. There is access to the inside of the cab behind that. Just be sure to use strip caulk or something similar to seal around where the wire passes in.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
mrmsudawgs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2006 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
Is it under the break light's plastic red cover? Will I have to cut a hole in the red plastic. This antenna wire is coax cable - same size as the coax for your cable tv. I'm not sure if I can get the wire in there or not.
I may be missing something here. Am I?
Mike
2000 F150 Supercab Lariat, Alpine CDA-9831, Polk MMC570 in Doors, One Polk MM2104 Sub, One Polk Carbon C400.4 Amp.
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2006 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
you can take a dremel or something similar to make a notch in the brakelight assembly to accomodate a cable of that diameter, but once you're behind the brakelight piece, there are several holes that are right behind the headliner, most of them are large enough to pass a coax cable through.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
mrmsudawgs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2006 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  
Yikes...that is not for the faint of heart. I think I'll just route the wire through the door seal for now then find a place underneath to penetrate later.
Thanks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic