the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Thoughts on High End Mids/Tweets?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
Hi bogey, thanks for pointing that out. This link has been updated: Loudspeaker Design Cookbook
Thoughts on High End Mids/Tweets? - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
bogey 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
stevdart wrote:
I pulled my post, bogey, because I finally realized that I was just running interference and don't have much value to add to this discussion.
Oops! I didn't realize non-Moderators could do that. If you want me to pull it, and can tell me how, I will.
stevdart wrote:
You are not satisfied with the current sound and want to improve it.
Yes, I have not been happy with my sound in comparison to previous systems I've had. First off, I have been very impressed with the MB's bass extension. I haven't heard too many 6.5's drop like that with out distortion/bottoming out. However, the mid frequencies seem to be a little muddled. Not sure that's the best word? Not muddled like a wire is crossed, though? I think it has to do with the crappy xovers it comes with. It doesn't have the normal QM xovers, they are the QM218.21 Golf III that use xovers in a little black box. Honestly, the Boston Rally 6.5 comps I had in high school sounded much better and were half price (retail to retail, I didn't pay too much for the MB's which is why I got them from the net, also why I'm more willing to drive to demo speakers this time around.) The tweeters are a little bright (b/c titanium), but they're not too bad because I have them on the low setting. As I said before, I have come to prefer a soft dome tweeter.
Sure, I understand adding a sub will help the sound out. That is not what has caused my disatisfaction though. I have used the 10w6 that I mentioned earlier with it, so I know what I would be missing. It will be going back in soon. I just took it out when I was redoing my setup to give me more truck space.
And yes I do have my doors covered with Dynamat Extreme. I didn't want to do any more because I want to get a new car when I graduate next year.
bogey 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
the12volt wrote:
Hi bogey, thanks for pointing that out. This link has been updated: Loudspeaker Design Cookbook
Great, done, she's on the way. Thanks!
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
Koo, you're welcome ;)
Thoughts on High End Mids/Tweets? - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
bogey 
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
Dyohn wrote:
Active crossovers are a much easier route in car audio. You'll still need an RTA-type test platform to set it up properly.
Will the onboard RTA in the Behringer DEQ 2496, http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Live/Sound/Signal/Processors?sku=182484 take care of what you're talking about or would one have to purchase the TrueRTA program you mentioned? BTW, that program is a good deal to get RTA (down to 1/24 Oct.)& O-scope for $99. Now if I only knew how to use an O-scope. Thoughts on High End Mids/Tweets? - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic