the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

No more Vifa brand speakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2006 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  
Tymphany, the new owners of the Peerless, Vifa and Scan Speak lines of loudspeakers, has announced the discontinuation of the Vifa brand name. Speakers formerly sold as Vifa will now be branded as Peerless-vline. Scan Speak will retain its brand name.
Press release
A very interesting product from Tymphany is their upcoming LAT - linear array transducer - which is a subwoofer system that might be really cool if they do not cost a couple of arms and legs to experiment with.
Support the12volt.com
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 23, 2006 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
I'm thinking $800 might be a fair guess for the large LAT, with the convenience and innovation factors it brings.  But am I thinking along the wrong lines, like just one arm and leg?
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2006 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged  
$800 is probably not a bad guess.  Hell, the Tymphany US headquarters is right up the street from me, maybe I'll drop in and ask.  They might give out free samples!  No more Vifa brand speakers - Last Post -- posted image.
Support the12volt.com
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2006 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
You lucky devil!!!!! DYohn you Always seem to be in the middle of all the action.
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
rallysport 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2006 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  
never heard of emNo more Vifa brand speakers - Last Post -- posted image.
DYohn 
Posted: March 06, 2006 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  

rallysport wrote:
never heard of emNo more Vifa brand speakers - Last Post -- posted image.
  That's because the first ones will ship next month.

I went by the Tymphany office last week and looked at one of the LAT drivers.  It is an array of compression drivers and looks like it could be a killer car audio application.  The sample I saw was 5" wide by about 20" long and 4" deep, with an Fs of 24Hz and 90 db sensitivity and the same acoustic output capability as 2 X 12" subwoofers.  Very impressive possibilities, although they would not tell me the MSRP and said to watch Madisound for release information.

Support the12volt.com
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 06, 2006 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  

That's what I was thinking when I read about it and saw its size.  I'm thinking that this may be the sub of the future for the Porsches and all the other exotic two seaters with no room for the traditional build.  But clever enough, and if priced for the masses, to become OEM high end in any car or truck.

They didn't set you up with an audition, DYohn?  (If not, I'll bet they didn't realize who you are)

I'll call and put in a good word...      No more Vifa brand speakers - Last Post -- posted image.      lol

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
DYohn 
Posted: March 09, 2006 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
stevdart wrote:
They didn't set you up with an audition, DYohn?  (If not, I'll bet they didn't realize who you are)

I'll call and put in a good word...      No more Vifa brand speakers - Last Post -- posted image.      lol

You'd do that for me?  Cool.  Actually I still have a few business cards left from when I worked in the "biz" so to speak, so they were very apologetic that they didn't have any working samples in the office.  I guess production units are not in the USA yet.  If I play my cards right I may be able to finagle a sample...  No more Vifa brand speakers - Last Post -- posted image.

Support the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic