icon

popping noise at low volume

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hcabrera 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 2:20 AM / IP Logged  
hello i have a pair of speakers that are connected to a dhd amp the speakers are kenwood 6x9 2way. when i have the radio turned on low the speakers make like a poping nois like littl pops and snaps but when i turn the volume up they go away what could this be? also i have a monitor hooked up to a ar dvd player and when i turn it on somtimes the images look black and white but when i turn it off and on it goes back to color what could this mean?? thanks
t-roy81 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  

ok well if im not right i have the same question, but im pretty sure its engine noise, i have the same problem

im not sure how to fix it

Oh Man Theres Troy
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2006 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  
All problems can be solved with the correct diagnosis. Some information is required to make a better guess as to what the problem may be. Does the noise occur all the time? Does it happen only when the engine is running or when the key is in the accessory or ignition position? Does the noise occur in all or some speakers and what drives those speakers, an amp or the radio. Most noise problems are caused by a poor ground or not following good installation methods. Keep the ground wire as short as possible and connect to a clean and paint free section of the vehicle body. Make sure that your amp's main power is connected to the battery with a fuse close to the battery. Use the appropriate gauge cable for power and ground for your amp. Don't route you input cables near other power wires or computers. Use good quality cables. Try checking all these potential problems and post your results if you can't fix the problem. As for the video problem, it may be a bad component or cable. Check the connections and ground for that part of the system. Try a temporary DVD or screen in place of one of the units to help identify the bad one.
sparky

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic