icon

Tuning an SPL vehicle?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ctravis 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2006 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  

OK.  I know my stuff pretty well, but I am not familiar with tuning a truck that you need headphones to sit in it.

It has four JL audio 13w6v2's in it in vented enclosures. It has two JL audio 1000/1's.  I'm using an Audio control DQS just for the subs as a line driver, and so we can easily store two settings (one for spl and one for daily use) so we can acctually listen to music(kind of).   We have a dual battery set up and two 1 farad capacitors.  Our goal is to reach 150dB(at least).

Thanks,

Cory

sk8ingsmurf 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2006 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
What was your specific question?  I dont know exactly what you are looking for us to help you out with.  If you are just asking how to set gains and adjust the eq to get the most volume out of it when its too loud to listen to while tuning, then I only have one way that I personally use.  Try to stick it out and accept that you could cause some minor damage to your ears.  In a well built ported box I can say that you will probably be able to achieve 150db with relative ease.
ctravis 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2006 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your reply, but I found my answer.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2006 at 7:36 AM / IP Logged  
The Tuning that will have to be done will have to be done at the box, not just tuning from the radio and DQXS.
What type of vehicle is this going into, how many shows do you intend on going to?   Are you prepared to have 2 diffrent boxes.
The 150db mark is not an easy accomplishment if you intend to run on a real meter such as the term-lab or audiocontrol 190.
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
ctravis 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2006 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  
Its in a chevy avalanche.
Why do you say to be prepared to have 2 different boxes?
Currently there are 2 boxes in the truck. Two subs in each box. and the subs are sealed from one another.
Also, Why does it matter how many shows we go to? I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but I'm just confused on how this is relevant.
lastly, we do have an Audio control(SA-3055) RTA with an SPL meter, but it peaks out at 140dB. I guess we need to send it out to get it upgraded.
Thanks
Cory

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic