icon

1999 Silverado remote starter problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hummerr6 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2006 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  

Have a 1999 Chevy Silverado w/ remote starter, that locks out regularly 1 a week. I like to find out how to

RIP the #*@% out.  I think it was put in by DUKE'S Car Stereo. TIA

hummerr6
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2006 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  

Do you mean it won't start.. What kind of remote starter, Ignition bypass?

hummerr6 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2006 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, it locks out for 10 min and then i can start it. I like to rip the thing out. I dont know what kind it is , i will be checkin today. It uses a DEI remote 471T. I know nothing about them.
hummerr6
xtremej 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2006 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  

It probably has a 555l ign. bypass. You'll have to find the passlock wires yellow and orange w/black stripe  the yellow will be cut, just solder this one back together. Then just remove the rest of the system. Have you tried taking it back to were it was installed, most dei products carry a warranty. Most shops also warranty their work to, I do...

wiretapper 
Copper - Posts: 166
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2006 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
hummerr6 wrote:

Have a 1999 Chevy Silverado w/ remote starter, that locks out regularly 1 a week. I like to find out how to

RIP the #*@% out.  I think it was put in by DUKE'S Car Stereo. TIA

Don't be so quick to rip it out. Make sure it's not the ign switch itself. This was a known problem on '99-01 Silverados. The insides if the ign switch that control the Passlock are plastic and wear out, making the security light come on while driving. Also the same symptom you're having. Just giving you a heads up.  

audioxtacy916 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2006 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
xtremej wrote:

It probably has a 555l ign. bypass. You'll have to find the passlock wires yellow and orange w/black stripe  the yellow will be cut, just solder this one back together. Then just remove the rest of the system. Have you tried taking it back to were it was installed, most dei products carry a warranty. Most shops also warranty their work to, I do...

Do exactly what he said..Well first take it back to the installers and have them fix it. Sounds to me like they put the resistance side of the 555L to the wrong side of the passlock wires. Another possiblity is that the 555L is just a bad one and it needs to be replaced. But if all else fails and you don't wanna go back to those guys, just put that yellow wire back together and your truck should start back up.

audiophd 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2006 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
i have seen problems especially on GM vehicles. durring crank it drops voltage which sometimes makes the DEI part loose memory until started by key again. if nothing else try peripherals part number ppldata their interfaces are good until 9.42 volts
hummerr6 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2006 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
Thanx Guys, it is doing everything that yhou have said: secutrity light coming on, I removed one of the fuses and KNOCK on wood it seems to be working ok. It is a 555L DEI . Does anyone have the install instructions & disconnect ones too? I like to take a look to see how they install them. I design the instrument clusters for Delphi Automotive, so it might be good to KNOW!!!!! THANX AGAIN
hummerr6
xtremej 
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  

pass lock II wiring for 555lw on 99 chev truck

harness from 555lw

red   constant 12 volts

pink primary ignition wire

violet --no connection

blue/black  - negative status out from remote start

black passlock ground goes to ORANGE / black ignition harness just clear insulation on wire and solder in.

BLACK/ white no connection

yellow goes yellow ignition harness usualy right next to ORANGE / black, cut the yellow wire ign. harn. solder 555lw wire to key cylinder side of wire

BLACK / YELLOW solder this to the other side of the yellow passlock wire.

Make sure to start with key and let it run for a minute, dei says it programs in 5 sec but this is not true sometimes.

It is always better to solder these connections, if they fail your vehicle will not start..........happy hunting.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic