icon

06 Altima, Aux Input on Factory Audio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
half-wit-prince 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2006 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  

I'm a total noob. I have a 2006 Nissan Altima. (I think the 06 and 05 are the same) I have a standard CD Player head unit. It does not appear to be sat ready. I do not see a CD changer option either. I have steering wheel mounted controls.

The factory stock system is adequate for my needs. I mounted a laptop in the car with GPS / NAV functions; the audio from the laptop is not loud enough to hear while on the highway. I'd also like to play my MP3s using the laptop.

How can I add auxiliary audio inputs to my head unit? I've looked at the PAC AAI-NISV2, but I'm uncertain if this will work for me. Some sites say I need to have a Sat ready head unit, others say the steering wheel controls may not work.

I prefer not to buy a new head unit, I hear that the Stock Head unit is 2 Ohm, and I'd need to replace the speakers. Money is not a huge issue here, but I'd rather not spend $500 for audio inputs. I don’t like the look of most after market head units. While the Stock unit is Ugly on it's own, it looks right in the dash. New non-factory head units don’t exactly look like they belong.

Will the PAC AAI-NISv2 work?

Are there other options?

gnn2778 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2006 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  

as far as i know u can not add an aux directly into that particular radio...it has to have the port for sat. An option that you can do is put a amplifier on your speakers with an equilizer that has an aux in. For your car ive used the audiobahn eq that is compact enough to fit in the armrest holder for contol.The eq goes for about 150 dollars and the amp is whatever you want to spend.

raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2006 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
Have you considered using a fm modulator?
Do it right the first time
Silvrefox 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2006 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
I myself recommend using a wired FM modulator. It's relatively simple to do, all you gotta wire up is an accessory and ground and put the modulator in line between the antenna and radio, run some rca's in and tune it to the right frequency and you're in. Circuit City sells a good one (Audiovox FM Modulator (FMM100A)). That's the one we use for pretty much everything from Ipods to laptops. Try'er out.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic