icon

99 Durango Lock setup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cotamotor 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2006 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  

Hey there People!  I'm setting up a viper 790 in my boss' durango, and I've got a sore neck from craning into these tight spots looking for the door lock/unlock wiring!  I've looked into the wiring charts and found the color coding and location (read of 2-3 locations!)  and am still after these wires!  Not sure if the truck had keyless entry or a sec. system in it, as it was bought used.  with the viper 790 am I going to haveta wire up a relay bank for the lock/unlock function, or will the blue/green wires support the actuators?  also does anyone know of the best place to find these wires?  looked at many connectors and harnesses, not sure where to track it down!  PLS any help figuring out this wiring trick would get me just about done and thru with this bad boy.  Thanks everyone!

-Cota

genehewett 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2006 at 3:10 AM / IP Logged  

lock wire is ORANGE / purple.

unlock wire is pink/purple.

both are found in a blue plug in the driver side kick panel. connect the blue wire from alarm to lock wire and green to unlock wire.

cotamotor 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2006 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  

heya peeps.  havent rechecked yet, but was looking for the blue plug in the kick area tho previously...  wasnt seeing a blue connector anywhere, cept behind the fuse panel up under the dash, and it's got no wires of those colors!  kick panel's covered behind the em. brake mechanism, and getting to the boot to the door is damn near impossible!  round wheres am I gonna find that connector??  any more specifics will get you mighty praise, LOL.  thx again people

-Cota

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic