icon

Rear overhead speakers '98 Tahoe 2dr

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeosnh 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2006 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
First off, I would like to thank everybody on this site for sharing all there knowledge and experience.
Ok, so I want to replace the ridiculous rear overhead 4x10's in my 2dr Tahoe and was lookin' for some advice. I don't want to put new 4x10's in it and was wondering if anybody has fit 6.5's or 6x9's in a vehicle like mine without too much surgery? Any ideas??
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2006 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
Only way to do this would be to build some fiberglass enclosures. There's not enough depth for a flush mount 6X9. A shallow 6.5 maybe.
There is no such thing as free installation!
peter griffin 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
just put in some subs and dont waste your time or money on those rear speakers
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
Wow, while I love your show, I disagree with that Sub comment. Sure subs are great, but whats with not having proper speaker placement. Something that is a must have clearly. You could easily fit 4x6 panel speakers. I put some 4x6s in some 6.5" round holes before and just covered off the open spaces on the sides, and they sounded great. Might not be as big as the 6x9s or6.5s, but they would fit easy and put out good sound. Just an idea. Good luck.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
Rollingaudio 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  

I've fit Soundstream 6x9's into that area, I can't remember what year of Suburban/Tahoe but they fit as far as depth.  I took out the mounting plate for the 4x10's and cut them to fit.  It was a minor pain and took a couple of jigsaw blades but they squezed in just right.  Double check your scenario and it might work.

jeosnh 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guysRear overhead speakers '98 Tahoe 2dr -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic