trunk rattle complaints

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hardknocks 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2006 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  

prophesybh wrote:
Are lot of people probley do what i did, which is a stupid move, and thats spend all your extra money on the equiptment(knowing how powerful it is) instead of budgeting it so you can stop the rattle.  I'm still trying to save enough money to fully sound damping my trunk(darn bills).
  u will never get all the rattle out but y sure can come very very close. I have used undercar spray xpand foam and sound deadner sheets throughout my ride and theres still some rattling i have taken M3 tape and placed it behide license plate. alone with a small bath towel cut in half and folded and placed behind it.

4-15" RF T2
6-7" RF Component sets
8 Planet Audio 900d
10 Batcap800
1 250 amp alt
1 300 amp alt
2" sound deadner roof,doors,floors
willdkartunes 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2006 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  
A small bath towel?! That's a new one on me. I guess it would work, but not in the long run.... a few times in the rain or mud and I bet that thing looks nasty!
footbaldd 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2006 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
I understand exactly where you guys are comming from. When I was building my system I spent hundreds on deadening before I even began to install. I ended up using over 3 gallons of bedliner, 50sq ft of bquiet, 20sq ft of v-comp ( heavy vinyl sheets with foam backing), a roll of carpet padding and a couple sheets of high density foam, along with a well stocked supply of foam weatherstripping and fasteners. After all this I have realized that its near impossible to eliminate the rattles in a 16 year old car when your pushing over 2k rms.
coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2006 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  
OK, hate to bring a thread back from the dead, but I had to post this
I go to the University of Oklahoma, and I was dropping my girlfriend off at class ... Her class is right next to the athletic dorm. Football practice was letting out
I DIDNT see it, but there was a custome lincoln pulling out, custome interior and paint. The reason why I mention that i didnt see it, is bc I heard it. I heard THE NASTIEST trunk rattle I have EVER heard. Times 10. I heard it before I even saw the car.
So, wanna know who was driving? Adrian Peterson - our star player! He was so proud of it, he got out and showed one of his friends. I called my brother to have him listen and the 1st thing that I thought of was that I pictured him saying, "yeah, thats just my gorillaz trying to get out."
I couldnt even look at him, I was too embarassed for him.
He had what looked like 3 x 12"s. the box didnt look very big, it was to the front of the trunk (away from the seats) and I couldnt see any amps or anything exciting. I was so disappointed.
Just thought I would pass it along.
Dont start the OU bashing! BUT you could start bashing on his ride!
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2006 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
No need to start OU bashing? come on! It's always time for a little interstate rivalry. Hook 'Em! trunk rattle complaints - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
coppellstereo 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2006 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
I'm from Texas, does that make it intrastate? (Dallas)
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2006 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
it would be if you were going to a Texas school, but I'm going solely off collegiate affiliation. I'm from Dallas too, by the way.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
iraq_bound? 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2006 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
coppellstereo wrote:
OK, hate to bring a thread back from the dead, but I had to post this
I go to the University of Oklahoma, and I was dropping my girlfriend off at class ... Her class is right next to the athletic dorm. Football practice was letting out
I DIDNT see it, but there was a custome lincoln pulling out, custome interior and paint. The reason why I mention that i didnt see it, is bc I heard it. I heard THE NASTIEST trunk rattle I have EVER heard. Times 10. I heard it before I even saw the car.
So, wanna know who was driving? Adrian Peterson - our star player! He was so proud of it, he got out and showed one of his friends. I called my brother to have him listen and the 1st thing that I thought of was that I pictured him saying, "yeah, thats just my gorillaz trying to get out."
I couldnt even look at him, I was too embarassed for him.
He had what looked like 3 x 12"s. the box didnt look very big, it was to the front of the trunk (away from the seats) and I couldnt see any amps or anything exciting. I was so disappointed.
Just thought I would pass it along.
Dont start the OU bashing! BUT you could start bashing on his ride!
"conspiracy in silence speaks louder than words" -John Lennon
darthness 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2006 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
i don't see why more poeople don't deaden.. i've gotten noticably louder since i deadened my trunk and rear deck. and i still have a ton of sludge and a sheet of damplifier waiting to go in. only negative thing (for some people, not me...) is that imo, it not as loud outside of the car..
coppellstereo 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2006 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
I brag about that sometimes. the fact that you cant hear my bass outside, but you can rattle your eyeballs inside. I tell people that THIS is the way it should sound. In all actuality - who are we to tell them that this doesnt sound good. For some people, that is what they want ... although there is no way that this is what he hoped for. It makes your bass sound so lose and imprecise. But after you spend the money you have to pretend that you yourself are happy with it and then you show it off
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic