icon

Green resin to model a piece

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dhandrei 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2006 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  

Does anybody know me to say that resin is that? 

I know that is resin with fiberglass mixed, but I need to know the exact name to seach and buy.

Green resin to model a piece - Last Post -- posted image.

crazyoldcougar 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2006 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  

Kitty hair or  dura-glass

it is not resin....well it is but it isnt...it is simply either short or long strand fiberglass in a resin paste..

"Bondo" brand = long strand fiberglass

"evercoat" brand = Kitty Hair

i am not sure who Duragalss is made by though

Fiberglass Guru.
torquehead 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2006 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
It looks like the same stuff I use.  Look at this site by Evercoat.  http://www.evercoat.com/productCategory.aspx  Then look at "Glass-Lite", "Kitty Hair", and "Tiger Hair".  There are cheaper brands of this same mix available at wholesale body supply stores in my area, check in your area.  The "Glass-Lite" is short hair, the "Kitty Hair" is long strand.  Both are green as the picture.  Another alternative to perform the component fabricated in the picture, you can use epoxy or polyester resin mixed with a thixatropic media such as fumed silica, then mixed with hardener when your ready to apply.  When mixed/depending on ratio, can be as thick as an applicable gel or even loose as a liquid but serves as a buildable media.  5qts. of fumed silica is available at marine supply stores for less than $8.  Kitty Hair was less than $20/gallon I think, I buy by the cases so dont hold me accurate.  Either way, check out Evercoat's website I provided above, you may find something else to suit you.
HottAccord 
Silver - Posts: 247
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
That definitely looks like duraglass mixed with something else...
Im a fiberglass whore!!
younguru 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2006 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  
u can make ur own kitty hair take some fiberglass matt and cut it up into thin pieces or shreds mix in some resin and body puddy untill u get a get mixture this way u can control the length of ur glass and build it up if u want or u could just buy some duraglass or kitty hair
alex

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic