icon

2004 Lincoln Navigator with AVN-5435

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
truedesi420 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged  
hi could someone help me on this i have 2004 lincoln navigator, and just got eclipse avn-5435 put in but there is a space between dash and the unit, looks like either unit is not double din or lincoln has more bigger than double din. can some one help me on this, is there a trim we can put and looks nice,  also,  i have problem with my sound, my mid's are not working, i got it checked with two installer they said mid's and wiring is purfect, what is happening is my factory sub is playong my mid's, high, and low.  please help me on this.
doibuy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
Check with American International they should have a kit that will fill in the gaps, FMK550 I think, but that may be the single din kit, but I know that they have one, I've used it before.
truedesi420 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2006 at 5:56 AM / IP Logged  
thanks, for the info, i'll try this, and does anyone know what to do about my sound problem?
Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2006 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  

Metra Electronics  makes kit for double din installation, works perfect and it will cover the gaps. part number  95-5026

2004 Lincoln Navigator with AVN-5435 - Last Post -- posted image.

Luis
Sound Waves
Is up to the installer to test all wires with a DMM whenever possible.
808vip 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2006 at 4:06 AM / IP Logged  
The Eclipse AVN5495 tries to produce a 5.1 sound with regular stock speakers (http://www.eclipse-web.com/avn/a-v.html see:Circle Surround II) So when played through a high end install (that includes individually amplified separates in the front/rear, a center channel, and a separate sub) the sound becomes muddied with the AVN5495 TruBass tech. It does not have a center channel output because it can not decode 5.1 or DTS so movies and music videos sound like its in FM stereo.
     It's strange that Eclipse's top of the line and most expensive model is not meant to be used in high end installs. Neither is it worthwhile to be put into automobiles that are already equipped with an OEM DVD/NAV.
     I think Kenwood (correct me if I'm wrong) is the only reputable maker that offers a double din with a 5.1/ DTS decoder. Because of my H2's layout a single din with fold away screen will not fit properly.
arrivalanche 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2006 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  
he didnt say 5495, he said 5435. and im guessing that there is a seperate amp for mids and highs or something. i do know that to do the sub correctly we ran the sub out to the inputs to the rear amp for the sub. as for the fronts i would say you either have to bypass a amp or dont have something turned on. sorry if im stating the obvious but ive never heard of something like that.
808vip 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2006 at 3:21 AM / IP Logged  
My bad.. i thought they had the same features.. sorry trudesi420 then again you could have a faulty deck.. good luck

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic