icon

steering wheel controls

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nxtgenaud 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2006 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  

im doing this in a 06 silverado and wanted to know the best placement of the rf transmitter  and also what wire is to use for the controls on the steering wheel

Joe Neal 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2006 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  

nxtgenaud wrote:
im doing this in a 06 silverado and wanted to know the best placement of the rf transmitter  and also what wire is to use for the controls on the steering wheel

What are you doing?

nxtgenaud 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2006 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
im doing a pioneer avh-p5700dvd on a 06 silverado with steering wheel controls
rayrobson 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  

Steering wheel control wire is light green located in steering column harness (there are 3 or 4 ). Test with airbag safe test light.  turn on ignition,probe wire (it should show low potential ground) push volume up on steering wheel and it should change to high potential ground. I usually install the ir into the sunroof gasket pointing toward the head unit. If it does not have a sunroof you may be able to mount it into the dome assembly.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Ray

H2s H3s Escalades Denalis all day everyday....if you need help with these vehicles PM me...If I don't know I will find out!
customnate 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
OKAY YOU CAN DO IT RAYS WAY WITH THE TEST LIGHT!! BUT i recomment DMM ALWAYS!!! Especailly under the stearing colum and just so you know theres 4 plugs there its usually in the third plug top row Light Green, Thin WIRE DO NOT DO NOT CUT THAT WIRE, in line tap it!!
Sinceryly,
The Custom Nate
doibuy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
check with PAC I think they have a steering wheel module that plugs directly into the Pioneer radios, eliminating the need for the IR repeater, it will work much better
integratyper934 
Copper - Posts: 150
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2006 at 1:15 AM / IP Logged  
i would use a direct link pac interface for pioneer it tells you all the wires and locations and you dont have to mount that stupid ir transmitter.and i would definitly not use a test like there is no such thing as 100% computer safe they all always put out a lil voltage.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic