icon

96 Chryslet Cirius, no bass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jwagg 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2006 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
ya, i did that. I got one from Advanced Auto Parts i think, im not totally illerate when it comes to wiring, and electronics, I wired the harness up to the radio color to color, but there is still not bass....
impaladad 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
I don't know if this reply is too late to help you, but by chance does your car have the factory Infinity system? If so you may not have powered up the factory amp turn-on wire. Just connect it to the remote wire from your HU. If still no bass, check fuses etc. Did you have bass before radio install?
jwagg 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 6:11 AM / IP Logged  
i will check and see if it has that. Is there any chance that you would know where i could look to find it? Yes, i had bass before the install.
impaladad 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
It should say Infinity on the head unit, or maybe on the speaker grilles in the front doors.  More then likely if you have sound coming from the dash speakers, you have an Infinity system. If you connect the remote wire from your HU to the blue wire in the aftermarket harness adaptor, your bass should come back. The factory woofers in that car are driven by the factory amp.  Remember to post if it works or not!
Always tell the truth.
B.S. Stinks
bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2006 at 2:04 AM / IP Logged  
sometimes it doesn't have to say infiniti on the speaker grill or radio and it will be amplified. take the blue and the blue/white wires on your harness you bought and jump them on the red wire. this should get everything working at one time for ya. i have had this happen a million and six times. good luck and hope that helps.
"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic