icon

99 milenia s radio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
accord78 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2006 at 2:05 AM / IP Logged  
i installed an aftermarket radio in this car and pluged everything in and no sound.... i need to know how to bypass the factory amp this car has since it is a bose stereo system that's in this car anybody have and idea or is there a bypass module i have to buy
xscash 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2006 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
first off...why 3 post about this? secondly get a bose add-a-head adapter.
accord78 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2006 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
sorry about the 3 post yesterday around 3:00 am my computer was kinda slow and it kept giving me this page is not responding once again i do apoligize :) and second where can i get that bose add-a-head-adapter
xscash 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2006 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
local stereo shop should have them in stock. or try best buy
accord78 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2006 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
ok i installed the aftermarket radio in this car.. funny thing is when i hooked up evrything when i turn on the radio on level 1 it's still kinda loud for being on level 1 any of u guys think this is kinda weird??? second when the volume is all the way down to zero i hear kinda like static from the speakers?? again this is on a 99 mazda millenia s with a bose system in it and bose factory amp.. any help or info would be great
bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2006 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  

the majority of the bose systems in these vehicles do not integrate very well. the last one i did a couple of months ago had the amps inside the flap in the trunk on top of the gas tank. what i did was to completely bypass the bose system. i removed the back seat (bottom and back) and used a speaker popper (or a 9 volt battery) to "pop" the 4 mid-woofer speakers and then found the 4 tweeters (which will only pop once until you touch those speaker wires together to discharge the caps on them). after locating all of these speaker outputs at the amp i used the rear speaker outputs off the aftermarket head unit on the 4 mid-woofers and wired them in series left and right. then i did the same thing with the front channels to all the tweeters. sounded great and if you happen to be installing a pioneer HU then you can utilize the FIE (Front Image Enhancer) as extra protection for the tweeters. if not you still have the benefit of having the OEM bass blocker crossovers on them. also, make sure you don't try to put each speaker directly to the radio because i think the woofers and tweeters are close to 2 ohms each and that will kill your radio. good luck and i hope this helps.

"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic