icon

SQ amps?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pmh61 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
I was looking at JL amps to power all my speakers. i am putting in a stealth box in a 97 accord with a W6 and power it with a 500/1 thats the plan anyway. but i have a question what is the big differents between JL's ////series and there e series? because i would like to have matching amps but the e series is a little cheaper but the / look better.
customnate 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
Well i work for sound advice in clearwater, im an installer! anyways the slash seiers are a WAY better design they hold their true power, they can play for a long time stay cool, and they dont burn up transistors the Slash seiries is without a doubt THE BEST!!!!!!! DESIGN OF AMP ON the market!! and yes we carry Focal, Audison all the F1 alpine status!! and i install it all so i see first hand bro!! JL slash also allow u aLOT more tunin options, crossovers, everything!
Sinceryly,
The Custom Nate
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  

Please tone down the enthusiasm, customnate.  We get the picture: you sell JL Audio, you like it, cool.  But there are many better amps on the market.  Indeed, you say you also sell Audison, which makes some very fine amps indeed.  Just calm down the pro-JL cheerleading, OK? 

Support the12volt.com
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
2 4 6 8 who do I really hate, NATE NATE YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NATE. Actually Im just messing with ya dude, I understand that you love what you deal with but to say the slash series is the best design on the market is going a little to far. I do however agree that the Slash series is far better then the E series. I have delt with both lines that customers have brought in and the slash have always been solid preformers
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
Yea, the slash amps are good, only problem with the is they're inefficient. They will always pull current like they're operating in 1 ohm mode.
But some other amps to look at that have been said to be solid performers are:
PPI (anything pre PCX series)
Phoenix Gold
Brax
Tru
Sifoni
Audison
Zapco
Older Sony stuff (mainly the ES series)
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  

I'll add to the list above:

McIntosh, Genesis, Milbert, Butler, Nakamichi, Eclipse, higher-end JBL, DLS, Diamond, higher-end Magnat, Phass, Linn ...it depends on what you want from an amp and what kind of budget you have.

Support the12volt.com
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
Why do I have a vision of a FS installer in a mini skirt and pom pom's in his hand.....very very very scary. Now everyone is going to have nightmares....
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
I'll email you the pics Rob, that way there is no imagination involved :). On a completly unrelated note, how far are your shops from edmonton. I wanna see the "best display boards in Canada" ;)
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
I'm on Vancouver Island, so that is a full 2 days drive for you if you are in Edmonton. Worth the trip if you want to go skiing or whale watching. Skihill has over 500cm of snow right now, the most snowpack in Canada. Even though I am at about 5 feet above sea level, the skihill is a half hour drive away and the difference in terrain is amazing. I look out the back bay of the shop and there is the ocean, I look out the front window and there is glacier. One of these days I should post some pics. Just not ones of installers in mini skirts and pom pom's.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic