icon

03 Alero With Line out converter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mtxthunder9500 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
im in the process of installing a stereo in my gf's 03 alero and im curious what wire on the ignition harness i should use to tap in to get a remote turn on from? i think its the orange one but i just want to make sure and also i dont know how to solder so dont tell me to do that hahaha and also what would be a good method of tapping into the wire as well?
nolte audio checkem out
2 mtx 9500 12's in a nolte audio double signature box...need an amp 3000 watts at 1 ohm?
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
Does your girlfriend know all this?  lol  And yes, as you suspected...the answer is "solder".  Here ya go.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
customnate 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
Well bro In any GM vehicle switch line is Yellow, from factory wiring, Orange is constant! Thats the GM wire color codes since 1986 well man if you are looking for an amp that is a TRUE 3000 watts rms at one ohm good luck!!!
I have two 12 inch 9500 series in a yukon, best thing to do is a jl 500 1 on each they are overrated subs and the 500 1 usually puts out 500 to 650 true rms!! which is perfect set up! GOOD FIGHT GOOD NIGHT! lol
Sinceryly,
The Custom Nate
customnate 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry forgogt to say IN THE EVENT OF NOT SOLDIERING lol Tape wrap the wire, electrical tape, then put a zip tie on over the tape to seal it! best thing to do if not soldier and if ya wanna knwo how lol get a solder gun let it warm up to 750 degrees F and some filler and go to work but be careful!!
USE AT OWN RISK **keep a sponge close*
Sinceryly,
The Custom Nate
genehewett 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
Its not orange. If it has a factory amp the turn-on wire is pink. If no factory amp the acc. wire is green (if it has one). You need to test for this wire with a VOM or DVOM. In the case you cant find a wire that works with the key but the factory head unit works this means its turned on by the data-bus. If this is your case you have 4 options. 1) Find another acc. source to tap for remote. I recomend the large brown wire on the back of the ignition switch. Test First! 2) You can get an adapter from your local caraudio shop that connects to the speaker wires and generates a remote turn-on output when it sees audio signal. 3) Also from the local shop there is a company named Sound Gate that makes a data-bus interface so aftermarket equipement can be installed and make use of the factoy RAP module. This allows the equipement to act as the factory accessories. You can continue to use them after the key is off untill a door is opened. 4) Some amps have a feature called signal sense. They turn on when the RCAs have music going through them. Good Luck.
mtxthunder9500 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
well now when i look in the wiring data base on this site it says that in the ingnition harness that orange is the acc. https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=53138
and yes i know thats for the autostart and alarm but wont that wire work any ways since its still an acc and it turns on and off with the keey
nolte audio checkem out
2 mtx 9500 12's in a nolte audio double signature box...need an amp 3000 watts at 1 ohm?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic