icon

flashing headlamps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bruiser62 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 1966 impala and I have changed the headlamps from sealed beam to capsules with halogen bulbs.I have noticed that when I go to high beams for about two to three minutes,my lights start to flash off and on.A freind says that my lamp switch has a built in relay that probably gets hot and shuts off and back on and that i should add a accesory lamp relay.Has anyone else had this problem and did the relay solve the problem

menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2006 at 1:22 AM / IP Logged  
the only thing you have changed was the cosmetics 9 out of 10 you had hologen lights in there already. and in 66 they didnt have realys in the switch. outside if the switch yes. may be a relay did go bad at the same time. relays work wonders
j_mastroluca 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2006 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  
hey your 66 impala has a high beam switch on the floor you push with your foot. Check that switch buddy  my moneys on that
Joe Mama
siresmerph 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2006 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  

if you upgraded from sealed beam to composite lamps...then one of two things. is the wattage the same? like i posted in antoher thread, try suvlights.com for a harness that might help. and the other thing is yea i don't have money to put down but i pretty much vouch for the foot switch like j_masta loco said.

j/k bout the name yo!!

Mad Scientists 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2006 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  

Check the current draw of the new headlights.. what wattage are they? Sounds like the circuit breaker for the headlights is tripping.. once it cools off it turns the headlights back on until it heats up and trips out again.

Jim

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic