icon

new alarm or a add on for 2000 chev silv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cguys 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  

i have a 2000 chevy silverado with keyless remote from the factory ( gm )  i dont know if i should get a stand alone alarm or a add on ,  dei makes a 700t add on that i think uses the factory key fobb but adds a full featured alarm with a motion sensor and led light and all that ,   i would most likely also add a pager so i know that the alarm has been triggered ,   question #1 ......anyone used the add on . or know about them .     the reason i like the add on is :    easy install .,,   one key fobb .... and if i did the  install myself  the stand alone alarm would be a bit of work to make the doorlocks unlock andnot  have the factory alarm  go off ,   right ???    i  have installed quite a few alarms but i am by no means a guru at it .  

question #2 does any company make a alarm or remote start with factory plugs to plug into the factory wireing harness ???  i thought a few years ago i read about a company making a remote start that would pretty much just plug in .    thanks all .

doibuy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
Your best bet is to get a 2 way paging alarm, it will work much better than a upgrade piece with a pager, plus the range on your factory remote sucks compared to an aftermarket alarm.  A 2000 is a easy vehicle to install an alarm, everything you need is at the BCM or right above it in the ignition harness. 
cguys 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
 bcm stands for ??? 
floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
BCM= body control module
Just under the steering column. This controls the auto headlights, dome lights, door dinger, RAP, automated things happening *in* the truck
ECM/PCM= engine / powertrain control module (right)?
These are interchangable. It's located under the big fuse box on the drivers side under the hood. This controls the engine functions like fuel injections, timing, etc..
cguys 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
cool  yes i have been looking at the wiring diagram and now i see where the locations are ,  thanks i am now looking at installing a stand alone alarm , maybe a viper lcd . 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic