icon

kca-ip500, with Ipod Video

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BXTale 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2006 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  

Can anyone tell me if I use the Kendwood  kca-ip500 with Ipod Video, Will I get video on my Kenwood DX7017?

Can anyone conferm if this will work? I want to be able to get video and Ipod controls on my head unit.

My current set up in my car is.

Apple's Ipod AV (home) docking base W/remote.

Apple's Ipod 3.5mm jack (pluged into the docking Station) to (three RCA output Video an Audio Left an Right), pluged into my headunit kenwood DDX7017.

DLO Auto Ipod intelegent car charger pluged into the docking station.

So all my Ipod controls is from the Apple's Ipod ocking station remote.  I get no control of the Ipod from the headunit or any song info (like name and artist).

"Da Pride Of Kingsbridge"
infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2006 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
i dont think any aftermaket iPod adaper will display video onto the deck. Im waiting for the griffin tunecenter to come out and integrate that into my car, it displays the tracks from the ipod onto the screen and only runs $99, same price for most adapters.
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
durango02 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2006 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  
You will not get video from the kca-ip500, however, you will get music controls and track display on your screen with it. I have my ipod hooked up to the kca-ip500 and when I want to watch a video I just use the video output from apple. I have it all wired so that when I want to watch videos I just pull the kca-ip500 cord from the bottom.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic