Disguising Trunk Sound Deadener

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hardknocks 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2006 at 1:47 AM / IP Logged  
coppellstereo wrote:
I think Steve was just taking time to brag a bit about jeff. Let's not attack anyone
its col I was just letting him know that i have been in the game buliding and designing SPL and SQ systems for over 20yrs and jsut as he stated in his responce to me to follow it before he  throws something like that at someone. that is all.  Steve I'm cool man.
4-15" RF T2
6-7" RF Component sets
8 Planet Audio 900d
10 Batcap800
1 250 amp alt
1 300 amp alt
2" sound deadner roof,doors,floors
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2006 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  
coppellstereo wrote:
I think Steve was just taking time to brag a bit about jeff. Let's not attack anyone
If so I guess I can be quite flattered....considering if you go back to my very first posts on this fourm...and even some of the ones when the12volt was still on YAhoo groups!!!!!   I was retarted!   somtimes I have to look back upon them to remember everyone starts somewhere
I was just expressing the point that you cannot skimp on sound deadner when you spend your good hard earned money on equipment.   Those prices reflect nothing compared to what I actually paid for all that equipment.
If I were to list the prices I paid for each one of those pieces of equipment, I think some members like stevedart, and forbidden, and some others would have a heart attack!!!
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
hardknocks 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2006 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  

jeffchilcott wrote:
coppellstereo wrote:
I was just expressing the point that you cannot skimp on sound deadner when you spend your good hard earned money on equipment.   Those prices reflect nothing compared to what I actually paid for all that equipment.
If I were to list the prices I paid for each one of those pieces of equipment, I think some members like stevedart, and forbidden, and some others would have a heart attack!!!

I know that you are talking about when u say slinping out on deadner. I guess you can say i get great deals on assy. and equipment. I have a few shops i order things through. but my main place is in New Jeresey I found this shop almost a  yr ago when i was there . after the great deal i got I swore to the owner he has my bussiness  now he is considering opening a big shop here and having me run it which is a good thing for me. !!!MORE DISCOUNTS!!!!!

4-15" RF T2
6-7" RF Component sets
8 Planet Audio 900d
10 Batcap800
1 250 amp alt
1 300 amp alt
2" sound deadner roof,doors,floors
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 09, 2006 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
Good!  Everybody's happy.  Disguising Trunk Sound Deadener - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2006 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
jeffchilcott wrote:
stevdart wrote:

^^^^^...because ( I guess you don't know ) Jeff Chilcott builds SPL winners. 

in other words:  There are some people you don't question about vehicle preparation.

Well steve, you should be real proud of me....im getting back to the basics with the civic very very soon.   and not really the basics at all.   SQ all the way
Here is the list of equipment that we have 90% of ready to go in.   heck lets shoot out some average pricing on the stuff to just to explain why I am using so much deadner
(2) Kicker XS 100's   $800-$1000
(2) Kicker ZR 600's   $500-$800
(1) Kicker ZR 240     $200-$250
(1) Kicker ZR 120     $150-$200
(4) Kicker amp links $100-$175
(4) Kicker CVX 12's   $800-$1000
(Set) Kicker SS 8 Mid $200-$300
(Set) Kicker SS 6.5   $400-$500
(Set) Kicker SS 5.6   $250-$300
Alpine DVA-9860       $400-$500
Alpine PHA-710        $300-$400
Alpine 7.2in touch    $400-$500
Alpine 1Din center    $150-$250
Irragi Alt 300amp     $400-$500
(3) Kinetik 2400's    $800-$1000
So exculding wiring and all the other odds and ends that are not included in just the equipment that comes to a total of $5850-$7675....Spending 10% of that to make sure I get 100% of all the quality from all the speakers and amps...priceless
Now I just need a large shoe-horn to fit all that in there

Just wondering where you got your Kicker amp and if it is new or used? I'm using some of the same stuff in my truck; those sink links (I bought 2 on Ebay at the time) ran me about $150 a piece, just because they were in high demand at the time. I think they retail for $40. And the ones I got weren't new, either. Disguising Trunk Sound Deadener - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image. But I'm happy with the results.

VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 8:09 AM / IP Logged  
SOme of our amps were new some were used, the 120 was used...all of our sink links were new in the box still. I happened to find a shop that had them in the back rrom for the last 5 years and were more then willing to part with them
All of our amps have been sent directly to kicker to be fully tested and rebuilt, even if they dont need it yet. All the Amp cases have been stripped and sandblasted and are in the process of being polished to a very nice shine!
Alot of time and money are going into these amps but that what it takes to build a show car thats a winner!
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
how could I go about making a fiberglass frame that i could apply carpet or vinyl to?
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  

If you're just trying to take an existing shape from your trunk, you can apply car wax, and start laying fiberglass.  Put down 2-3 layers minimum before you remove it so it won't warp and not fit properly.

If you're trying to create your own shape, make your framework out of mdf, then stretch it with carpet, etc. and apply resin/fiberglass.

Do some searching around in the fiberglass forum and you'll come up with links/ideas.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic