icon

how good are mb quart subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
r.a.d racing 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
Just like the title says. I was thinking about purchasing a mb quart pwe-302 sub, and was wondering if there were good subs. I was considering purchasing either that or jl audio w6, eclipse w8122, image dynamics 12" inch, or maybe the mb quart. Any info on these would be appreciated. Or if you guys have any other suggestions on any other subs that are good not to expensive, and don't take more than 1.0 cu ft. inclosure,  it would help me alot. Thanks!
sprawl85 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  

What type of music do you listen to?

fiberglass reminds me of peanut brittle... but fiberglass tastes better!
godblessdremil 
Silver - Posts: 273
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
What ever someone here tells you is only there opinion, go to a shop and listen to it. If ya like it buy it.
sprawl85 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
Where do you people go to listen to all these different types of subs anyways?
fiberglass reminds me of peanut brittle... but fiberglass tastes better!
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  

I listen to them in my customers cars. As all customers generally have different tastes and different vehicles, the choice of systems is huge. I like to recommend things that I know have a predictable outcome. The MB Quart subs that I have sold in the last 4 years have been great. It is all about the box, it is more important than the choice of sub. So, choose the sub, stress about the box.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
r.a.d racing 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
sprawl85 wrote:

What type of music do you listen to?

Mostley hip hop and old bass music.

mukrainetz 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2006 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  

I just wanted to add my two cents if anyone is still reading this thread -

I have been reading / subscribing to PASMag (Performance Auto & Sound) for a long time and the tech that tests new equipment (mostly subs and head units) has tested quite a few MB Quart items. The one 'consistent' in any of the ratings he has given for any product has been a great review for MB Quart. The tests are based on a full range of tests, power handing, sound quality etc etc and use boxes either sent from the company or built to company spec. ALL of the tests have had excellent reviews and gone so far as to say you get more than what you pay for in MB products.

Just what Ive learned from all the reading.

j0ne 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 2:07 AM / IP Logged  
Had that same sub, its a very nice SQL sub, and CAN get a little loud, but i don't recomend it. I had mine, pushing its full 600 RMS wattage, had it up very loud, beat it to hell, no breaking in, and it started to fade out after about 5 months. I tested the sub wth a Bass excussion CD, while it was in bad shape, and it out proformed 2x jl w3v2's easily. It hits the lows very clearly and smoothly. Now a problem i had is some how on the chrome cage, i got little specks of rust, that could have contributed to its short life. No worries they do not make that sub anymore, and if you send it in on warrenty, they willl replace it with a rockford T1.
r.a.d racing 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2006 at 1:52 AM / IP Logged  

bump ^

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic