the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Reverse Mounted Sub Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Walkercustoms 
Copper - Posts: 219
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2006 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
We have MA HK15X2 and we are going to reverse the sub to make the box fit in the car. My qestion is do I have to reverse the polarity on the sub if it is in a ported box. The box is part MDF and where the sub mounts is glass. I have seen that some people say to reverse them and others don't. We are ported and we would like to know if we need to reverse the wires at the amp. We are running 1ohm.
Thanks
Wade
calazon 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2006 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
Reversing the polarity is up to you, either way it will sound the same. As long as the polarity is the same on both subs and there are no other speakers playing the same frequencies. But incase some frequencies do slip through your cross-overs, you might as well reverse the polarity.
Aaron
Walkercustoms 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2006 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
Its one sub?
torquehead 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2006 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  

Calazon, served you with the answer you want.  So Walker...whats the ETA on those pics?  Ya gotta show it off ya know!!!

Laterz

Walkercustoms 
Posted: April 13, 2006 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
I will post this weekend after its done.
crazyoldcougar 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2006 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  

by reverse the sub do you mean inverting it?

i dont see how that would help a box fit into a car any better though since it actually takes up more space but anyway...reversing the polarity on one sub wont make any difference, but doenst make sense to me..

Fiberglass Guru.
Walkercustoms 
Posted: April 15, 2006 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
The reason we inverted the sub was because we wanted a different look and with the way we were building the box the magnet hits the bottom of the box. But, enough of that we are scraping the 15 project for a later date I am going to put the 12s back in but, this time in a ported box which is going to be a lot easier to have done by next weekend. The reason we scraped the project is because of that great hurricane Wilma that stop here on top of my house and left me with only one door and the back wall is still sitting on the ground and when we get home from work for some reason its windy and it is either blowing from the south to the north or the north to the south. I guess that is the joys of living in south florida. We can not wait and see what the weather is going to do so, we can deal with the saw dust blowing around but, it sucks tring to paint in the wind. I will post on the 12 project.
Thanks
Wade
scottr8 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2006 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
you should always listen to a sub in phase then out of phase to the front speakers as sonetimes one will be bassier than the other.
cheeers scott

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic