icon

791 remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Covette03 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2006 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  

Ok so what happened was i got everything hooked up on my 04 focus and everything worked. i went down to set the brain and everything to where they were hidden and I believe that the remote start module came unplugged from the brain with the fuses in them. I know that in the install guide it said not to have the fuses in unless you have it plugged into the brain when installed (connected to the 12v+ constant) Now my remote start will not function. I plugged the rs module back in checked the fuses and still get nothing from remote starting. Do I need to replace the remote start module? Can anyone help.

I have tried relearning the tach and everything. Nothing comes up still.

spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2006 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  

I assume everything else works on the alarm..I would check ALL my connections. When you try to remote start do you hear the relays kicking over or is it not doing anything, could be a bad ground, neutral saftey switch, or bypass module(if one was needed)....good luck,LMK how it goes.

sS

MrSuperStar 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2006 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
what exactly do you hear (or not hear) while remote starting. I've come across only two issues with this car
1) the positioning of the bypass module is extremly sensitive. I had to reposition the thing like 6 times before it finally worked consistently
2) depending on where you get the tach signal, the car may start and shut off after about 1 min or less. If I recall the tach signal changes during warmup causing the rs to cut off. The fix was to just get the signal elsewhere, but I forget.
Good luck, more details will help.
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2006 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  

Fords you have to get the tach wire at an injector for the r/s to continue to run properly.  As to the not working part, do the parking lights flash when you try to remote start the car?  If not check the hood pin, neutral saftey, and the brake wire.  The hoodpin should not be getting ground and the brake wire should not be showing +12v.  The neutral safety should be getting a ground.  It the parking lights are flashing and the starter isn't engaging make sure the ribbon harness is completely connected to both the brain and the relay pack.  if it is, disconnect the power from your bypass module, slide a key into the ignition but don't turn it.  Try remote starting now.  If it starts and runns properly then there's something wrong with the bypass.  Let us know how it works out for ya.

Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
dave454 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 3:07 AM / IP Logged  

MrSuperStar wrote:
what exactly do you hear (or not hear) while remote starting. I've come across only two issues with this car
1) the positioning of the bypass module is extremly sensitive. I had to reposition the thing like 6 times before it finally worked consistently
2) depending on where you get the tach signal, the car may start and shut off after about 1 min or less. If I recall the tach signal changes during warmup causing the rs to cut off. The fix was to just get the signal elsewhere, but I forget.
Good luck, more details will help.

Can you go a bit deeper on this, does it need to be flat, or what is the correct position for this module?

MrSuperStar 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  
dave454 wrote:

Can you go a bit deeper on this, does it need to be flat, or what is the correct position for this module?

I used the bypass with the capsule, 555s I belive. There is no one place I can tell you. just position till it works, ziptie the hell out of it, and test it 12 times before you put it all back together.
If you unsuccessfully try to start the car too many times, then the car is disabled for a few minutes till you can do it again.
Covette03 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
Alright thanks everyone for posting. I got it to remote start but I can't get it to remote start with the 555s. I put a new 555s in it caz the old one had broke wires. whenever I program the 555s it works once and thats it. If i move it or leave it in the same place on the ring it still won't work. I tried to reprogram the 555s and then it will work only once again. When I put the key in the ignition it works just perfectly but the 555s it seems like it's forgettin the codes because the security light will blink when I try to remote start. So I was just wondering how the HELL do i fix this. Should I just forget the 555s and go with the 555U/556U or what? is the 555u/556U easier to install with let sensitivity? Anyone got any suggestions on programing the 555S?
MrSuperStar 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
Like I said, you will have to position the capsule lots of different ways before you get it right. I don't think you'll have any luck with the 556U.
The capsule has to mount close to the ring or close to the wires that lead to the ring. And when you do get it, make sure that capsule stays there. Otherwise by the time you put it all back together it wont work again.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic